Thread: "visited" my dress

Default "visited" my dress

I was in Ayr yesterday with my mum, her friend (who is like a second mum to me) and one of my bridesmaids for the wedding show at Ayr racecourse. After that we had some lunch and went to Diane Honeyman as my mum wanted to make a payment towards my dress so I got to see it again! And i'm still madly in love with it, could have stripped of in the shop to put it on again (which would have been pointless as the sample is so small i couldnt even get my knees into it, lol!) Despite the panicing I've been doing about (it's very fitted and I have a belly on me) seeing it again has completly confirmed I've got the right one.

As well as seeing the dress I also got my shoes in Honeyman boutique, a georgous pair of navy peeptoes with a small heel and a little jewelled bow on them, total bargain at £60 which my bridesmaid bought for me as an early wedding present.

Roll on April when my dress will come into stock and I actually get to put it on (because the sample was so small I coulnt actually try it on, just had the top pinned to my bra, but even then it's obvious its the one!)

Hehe you sound just like me!
    I went to the Ayr wedding fair, then lunch, then popped into Diane honeyman.. Was it really busy when you went in? I had tried to book an appointment to try on the shop sample but they are booked solid next couple of Saturday's
    When I went in MY dress was nt there!! Somebody had it in the fitting room.. I wanted to take pictures of certain areas for beading etc so I can start getting my accessories, so my mum suggested coming back later but I said I would wait.. Lol looking back now... The assistant borrowed the dress back from the changing room for me.. It is just as beautiful as i remember.. (I sound like a bridezilla, but I'm totally not!)
    I also got my shoes on Saturday, but from next, sparkly but were surprisingly not expensive..
    Anyway, I have had such a lovely experience at Diane honeyman, hope you did too x

Dont worry sillymum, you dont sound any worse than me, lol.

The shop was busy when we were in but I think it was one group, there was a girl in the changing room and they were all crowded round the door with champaign. I was getting some strange looks though as I basically hugged my dress for a few minutes then left again! How did you find the wedding fair? i didnt see much that interested me, but then I have most of the things you would get at a wedding fair, think it's a bit pointless going to them now to be honest but cant help myself!

Have to say that Diane Honeyman have been absolutly fantastic. I've only been in twice, once when I bought my dress and on saturday just gone but they've always been so lovely. Like I said, I've never actually had my dress on because the sample sizee was way too small but I've every confidence that it will be as amazing on as it is when it's just pinned to me/being held against me and that theres no way they just wanted to sell a relativly expensive drss.

I must ve been in around the same time as you! The people all had chairs n champagne out... The dress I ve bought is a blush pink dress, I fell in love as soon as I saw it in the shop... Then my mum & sis agreed and before you know it I had ordered it! We re having a black & White wedding too.. Hehe I don't live near ayr so anytime I'm Visiting my mum I try to pop in to "visit".. Hehe they ll be sick of the sight of me before my September wedding! Lol
    I thought the fair was ok, bit disappointed that the bring & buy dale was only on the Sunday tho I still need flowers & centre pieces.. Kinda decided on centrepieces but I just don't know who to go with for flowers? I ve decided not to go to anymore wedding fairs till secc, hopefully get the rest of my stuff booked there.. Oh, and my venue is having a fair but I ll go with fiancé so we can work out ourselves where we want stuff or decorations n things like that..
    I'm rambling again xx