Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Weddings

Quote Originally Posted by amyjackems View Post
    went to the wedding show yesterday, tried a dress........eek lol so ive picked my colour scheme and im all excited
    ooo you tried a dress on lol,

What colour are you going for and how did you decide? x

im going with ivory for my dress as im not pure enough for white black for my bridesmaids and blue accents. it kinda all just came together

im going with ivory for my dress as im not pure enough for white black for my bridesmaids and blue accents. it kinda all just came together
    wow good going, did you order the dress you tried on at the show then?

i was just looking at wedding pics tonight and the bridesmaids had black dresses on, their flowers where vibrant pink in colour and looked very striking against the black. x

well the dress they had at the show was a 10 and i was a bit generous saying i was a 12 lol so going to the shop on the 3rd march to have a fitting of the dress to see if i still like it and try on other things. its a dress by joyce young, very pretty but im not sure it's me so wanna see it on properly and not be in a tiny cubicle with rubbish hair lol

saw a dressed table at the wedding show with black chair covers and table cover and it looked so elegant and classy. so was thinking of the black covering with the deep blue sash and ivory/cream flower

Hi just looked at the dress its really beautiful, something i would try on myself.
    Where are you going to try it on and how were the staff when you told them its 2014 you are being married? Would they store it?
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by angus1 View Post
    Hi just looked at the dress its really beautiful, something i would try on myself.
    Where are you going to try it on and how were the staff when you told them its 2014 you are being married? Would they store it?
    xx
    its at the store in milngavie, she said it'd be a 50% depo if i wanted to go with it then the rest at the first fitting. she said they would store it. will ask more next week x

its at the store in milngavie, she said it'd be a 50% depo if i wanted to go with it then the rest at the first fitting. she said they would store it. will ask more next week x
    ok keep me posted, it really is lovely. Yeah i had heard you need to pay a fair amount towards the dress when ordering.

Thats great they will store it for you, bet you cant wait to go. xx

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

I tried my first dress on at the wedding show on Sunday too. I had seen a few online I really liked so tried 1 on that was similar but it really didn't 'wow' me. Kinda threw me a bit coz now I have no clue what style I want......suppose it will be fun trying all the styles on when I do go proper dress shopping xx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

I haven't started trying any dresses on at all right now because I want to make sure I get a good feel of how the actual dress will look and I still have weight to lose! I can't wait to start trying dresses though...it's so exciting!! x

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post
    I haven't started trying any dresses on at all right now because I want to make sure I get a good feel of how the actual dress will look and I still have weight to lose! I can't wait to start trying dresses though...it's so exciting!! x
    I am with you on this one, I need to lose weight before I can even think about trying dresses on. It does not help with work bring flipping pancakes round lol

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post
    Hi thats what i am doing too, in the past three year have put on bit of weight, wouldnt say i was huge around size fourteen but want to get down to size8/10. Since not getting married till 2014 surely to god i can manage that lol. Holding off trying dresses on as something that might look awful could entirely different when i am three sizes smaller. Cant wait to go looking though especially when i hear other brides finding dresses they love. Going to give myself to this time next year which will give me a year and a half to wedding then hit the shops. x

im looking just now coz i also have a house to sell. lol so needing as much sorted as poss to concentrate on getting the house on the market then resume wedding planning he he. what style of dress did you try on laurabelle84?

I am a 2014 bride 2 we have booked Glenbervie House Hotel for 19th July 2014

we booked this venue last summer so the last year has went by so quickly. i have decided on wedding party, and got prices for everything and looked at everything but keep shopping around for better deals, i already have my save the date cards which i got a brilliant deal on as well as all the materials for my invitations, it seems ages away till the wedding but means we can be supper organised love seeing im not the only over organised person

we are just waiting to have the deposit for a celebant, the venue and the DJ, which I am hoping will come out of my bonus in May time. The photographer that we are looking at is not taking 2014 booking yet, but she has said that she will pencil us in

xxx

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

im looking just now coz i also have a house to sell. lol so needing as much sorted as poss to concentrate on getting the house on the market then resume wedding planning he he. what style of dress did you try on laurabelle84?
    It was a 1 shouldered one I tired one, seen a few online that where similar and loved them but it just didn't look anything special on.

Not to worry still have 2 years to find the perfect dress xx

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
    It was a 1 shouldered one I tired one, seen a few online that where similar and loved them but it just didn't look anything special on.

Not to worry still have 2 years to find the perfect dress xx
    and plenty to try on he he. im looking forward to my dress fitting next weekend

mmm well for all i thought i was being organised and doing a good bit of researching before booking anything i have still managed to book the wedding for a saturday which falls on a bank holiday weekend, only found this out last night. Dont know how i feel about this. I think its going to be one of two with guests thinking o great i can really let my hair down and make a weekend of it or o sorry we cant make it going away for a long weekend. We are not having a big wedding so cant really be losing a lot of guests lol.

How would you feel if you were invited to a wedding the saturday of a bank holiday weekend?

I would be thinking that I love the bride and groom and would be honoured to spend their special day with them.
    We are getting married Easter weekend. We only get my h2b children in school holidays so as we want them to come, it was always going to be Easter, summer Holidays , October holidays or Christmas. So that is why we have chosen Easter xxx

Quote Originally Posted by MrsForsyth2B View Post
    Noticed on another thread you were considering Solsgirth House which is where I am getting married in 2014! is this where you have booked?

Frankee x
    Hi, sorry just got this flagged up! Yes we have booked solsgirth house, it is amazing I love it! We're is ur wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCtobe! View Post
    Hi, sorry just got this flagged up! Yes we have booked solsgirth house, it is amazing I love it! We're is ur wedding?
    That's not a problem....another Solsgirth bride-yey! It's gorgeous isn't it? We were there on Sunday showing the parents around as it was only my mum who had seen it. We are having our ceremony and reception here. Are you having the full day here too?

Frankee x
    Saturday 21st June 2014 - Solsgirth House

and plenty to try on he he. im looking forward to my dress fitting next weekend
    I ordered and paid the deposit for my dress last Saturday, eeeeek!! It's starting to feel even more real the more things we tick off of our to do list :-)

F xx
    Saturday 21st June 2014 - Solsgirth House

Hi girls first post although being reading posts with interest for a while, plan to get married august 2014 and we have narrowed it down to two venues the garfield hotel and moorpark house.

if anybody has any thoughts on them two would be much appreciated.

Love moorpark house but have read some bad reviews on staff and food but looks wise is everthing i wanted in a venue however garfield lovely inside but lacks somethings on outside. have heard only great things about garfield though.

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

We're getting married June 2014 and have booked venue, photographer, videographer, cars and DJ. Also looking to book bows for chairs soon and cake. We didn't think we'd be so organised but a few of these things have been great prices and would seem daft not to! The way I see it is if I get the bigger things out the way I can concentrate next year on smaller things and, more importanly, finding the perfect dress! It's never too soon to start booking