Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bridesmaid Goodie Bag...

Default Bridesmaid Goodie Bag...

Hi B2B

So I am making goody bags for my bridesmaids.... I don't get married till June 2013 but I thought it would b nice to have a wee tea party and give the bridesmaids their wee goody bags so they feel more involved in the wedding

Also want to make my mum one.... need ideas on this :S

Anyway back to the bridesmaids I am thinking of making up a little pack of coupons for each of them.... funny stuff like a "You're being a bridezilla" card, or an "I am not wearing that dress card" I know the girls will find them funny because I am a bit of a bridezilla haha and I am completely obsessed with weddings just now! Problem.... I cant think of anymore little coupons to put in??? Any ideas???? Figured I would come here since you lot always have the best ideas....

.... also any wee ideas of what to put in my mums goodybag (cheap and cheerful please!!) would be helpful! xxxxx

I'm not hugely creative as far as making little coupons up so can't really help you there lol!

If I was making a little goody bag for my mum I would include stuff such as costume jewellery (my mum loves her costume jewellery!), she like to knit aswell so I'd put in a couple of bits and pieces she could add to her knitting kit, she likes candles too so perhaps a yummy smelling yankee candle. She likes Starbucks too so I'd make an IOU for her favourite latte. I'd put in a handbag size bottle of her favourite perfume....theres loads I'd put in but just depends what your budget is I suppose!

Frankee x
    Saturday 21st June 2014 - Solsgirth House

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I saw sweet pink hip flasks yest in a kilt shop and ones covered in diamontes. Im no stranger to a hip flask so they will laugh when I give them one xx

[QUOTE=FutureMrsC;113083]Hi B2B

So I am making goody bags for my bridesmaids.... I don't get married till June 2013 but I thought it would b nice to have a wee tea party and give the bridesmaids their wee goody bags so they feel more involved in the wedding

Also want to make my mum one.... need ideas on this :S

Anyway back to the bridesmaids I am thinking of making up a little pack of coupons for each of them.... funny stuff like a "You're being a bridezilla" card, or an "I am not wearing that dress card" I know the girls will find them funny because I am a bit of a bridezilla haha and I am completely obsessed with weddings just now! Problem.... I cant think of anymore little coupons to put in??? Any ideas???? Figured I would come here since you lot always have the best ideas....

.... also any wee ideas of what to put in my mums goodybag (cheap and cheerful please!!) would be helpful! xxxxx[/Q

At the moment I have the small wedding day yankee candle, lip gloss, wee champagne,small box fancy chocs, boots sanctuary goodies (bought them in the gift pack that are half price at the moment and will split between goodie bags) still thinking of other things

I have made up wee bags too, i have

compact mirror
    mini bottle fizz
    Benifit make up kit
    survival kit - plasters/pain killers/gel soles/safety pins/tissues
    t-shirt with Bridesmaid / Sister of the Bride on it
    wine glass charm (also have these for mums too)
    Champange glass with Bridesmaid written on it and date (also have these for mums too)
    Yankee candle

still thinking of other things, going to give them the night before in the hotel, along with theyre Pearl necklace gifts.

x

I've gone a bit OTT with my bridesmaid gifts. I've got gift boxes to make up with the following things

Bottle of rose Bollinger
    Leather journal
    Rox necklace
    Lily flame candle
    Charbonnel et Walker pink truffles (last thing to get, will do it nearer the time)

I've got iron on rhinestones to make up dressing gowns for getting ready on the morning of the wedding and i'm going to get personalised thank you cards made up with photos of me and my maids x

Quote Originally Posted by michellel View Post
    I've gone a bit OTT with my bridesmaid gifts. I've got gift boxes to make up with the following things

Bottle of rose Bollinger
    Leather journal
    Rox necklace
    Lily flame candle
    Charbonnel et Walker pink truffles (last thing to get, will do it nearer the time)

I've got iron on rhinestones to make up dressing gowns for getting ready on the morning of the wedding and i'm going to get personalised thank you cards made up with photos of me and my maids x

ooh i used to work in Rox, gorgeous stuff! my engagement ring and wedding band are both from there! x

I loved Rox!! I had such an enjoyable experience picking their necklaces they also wrapped them beautifully x

Senior Platinum Member

loving the ideas on goody bags so now i'm thinking of things to get my bridesmaid:

a yankee candle
    jewellery set
    personalised pj's and dressing gown (for the night before cos she's staying with me)

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

I got miniature black tower wines from Asda but they have a pink "B" on front & decorated with flowers. Thought it was quite nice and I know they like black tower so double bonus! x

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wine.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	5631

I've made up my Bridesmaids a 'Recovery' Kit. I've done it for about 15 each as I had a small budget for presents, but it is more the sentimental value. And I have made up a fancy card to explain each item in the bag. Here are some examples:

Plasters - for the blisters they will get on your feet
    Painkillers - to get rid of the headaches I have caused you
    Tissues - to dry the tears I have made you cry
    Marbles - to replace the ones I have made you loose
    Fancy Mug (I got 2 mugs made with pictures fromt the Hen Party)
    Camimile Tea - to put in your fancy mug
    Lavender Candle - to ease the stress
    A button - to keep us close
    A star (sticker) - because you are my shining star

I have done similar gifts for my mum and mother of the groom - but they are 'survival' kits with tissues and waterproof mascara!

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs E View Post
    I've made up my Bridesmaids a 'Recovery' Kit. I've done it for about 15 each as I had a small budget for presents, but it is more the sentimental value. And I have made up a fancy card to explain each item in the bag. Here are some examples:

I have done similar gifts for my mum and mother of the groom - but they are 'survival' kits with tissues and waterproof mascara!

xx
    this sounds great, imalso doing something similar for my h2b to open in the morning-
    rubber watch - to get him up the isle on time
    tissues - incase he sheds a tear
    minature - for dutch courage
    cufflinks - to keep him smart all day
    socks - incase he gets cold feet

hopefully he will laugh and calm his nerves! x

Vintage Bride - brilliant idea for your H2B! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs E View Post

xx
    That sounds really good
    Great way to show bridesmaids how much you appreciate them!

These are such lovely ideas, received a wedding favour just like this and had things like a rubber - to help you erase any mistakes you have made, an elastic band - to help you hold it all together, a penny -so you'll never be totally skint. All put it a little box with other wee goodies and choccy's. Really memorable x

Bottle of rose Bollinger
    Leather journal
    Rox necklace
    Lily flame candle

Looooovin your work...can I be a "stand in" BM for you, so I can snag a BM bag...??!!? . Lol
    I love the ideaofa BM goodie bag...my BM SWEARS by Liza Earle skin stuff, so I'll be sticking some of that in...also think I'll incoroporate the "recovery" aspect too...DEFFO with some choice and paracetamol etc...

SOOOOOO many great ideas on this forum...

Vx

Well I can now say girls that the 'Recovery' kits and 'Survival' kits went down a storm the night before our wedding! All the girls were in tears as they loved them so much - and they have all said they are going to frame the little card I gave them that explained the contents and keep it as sentimental value There was a slight disaster though. In the mum's 'survival' kits I had put in a baby shoe 'to remind them that even though we are getting married we are still their babies' - my mother in law went straight for the presents without reading her card and asked in front of the whole table (20 of our nearest and dearist) 'SARAH?! Do you have something to tell us?!?' That was the start of the pregancy rumours!! lol!

I love the idea of bridesmaids recovery kits! I'm thinking about creating some for my bridesmaids and the mums too. The ideas on here are fantastic and I hope noone minds if I use them to aid my own creations!

Bottle of rose Bollinger
    Leather journal
    Rox necklace
    Lily flame candle

Can I be one of your bridesmaids?? Wow! x

Super Senior Member

I got on etsy.com and searched 'bridesmaid gift' hahahaha

I need all the help I can get! I've got each of us a hipflask covered in pink diamantes with our names on them and each have a pink tiger print hand mirror with initials on them. I can't think of much else as I also have some zip tops im going to iron 'bridesmaid' on to for getting ready on the day

It's so exciting!

x

Haha of course you can- the more the merrier!! Lol

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for AGES! x

Super Senior Member

There's so many amazing ideas on here.

Ive started making my bridesmaid goodie bags. So far I have them a swarovski bangle each. I'm going to get them a necklace and earring set and a MAC lipgloss. Think I might add in some wee novelty things too. And make bags up for the mums and flower girl. And my H2B.

I have just under 6 months to go. Too early to start making up the bags now? x

Super Senior Member

I've got 9 months to go and have bought in the stuff for my kids goodie bags (except for the sweets!) so I would say go for it and get it done and out of the way Ive been looking for cheap canvas bags online so still waiting to get them

L x

Super Senior Member

I was looking for bags online too. I think I'm going to start picking up things each month starting like now lol xx

Quote Originally Posted by loubey_lou View Post
    I've got 9 months to go and have bought in the stuff for my kids goodie bags (except for the sweets!) so I would say go for it and get it done and out of the way Ive been looking for cheap canvas bags online so still waiting to get them

L x
    Sign up to Vistaprint! I got canvas bags on there for really cheap, just wait until they offer you one free and they send you offers all the the time! X