Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Money :(

Quote Originally Posted by mrs breslin to be View Post
    this topcashback sounds good, how does it work? you just buy stuff and they give you money?? a bit too good to be true sounding

xx
    Pretty much. I've had 270 in just over a year. You sometimes have to wait a while for it to become payable, but it's always come in the end. You have to click through to websites (e.g. M&S) from the Topcashback link, but otherwise no different.

Gabriella - doesn't work for grocery shopping sadly, but pretty much everywhere else! I was sceptical when one of my friends told me about it first of all but it genuinely works. I'm not one for scams!

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ESP2B View Post
    Pretty much. I've had 270 in just over a year. You sometimes have to wait a while for it to become payable, but it's always come in the end. You have to click through to websites (e.g. M&S) from the Topcashback link, but otherwise no different.

Gabriella - doesn't work for grocery shopping sadly, but pretty much everywhere else! I was sceptical when one of my friends told me about it first of all but it genuinely works. I'm not one for scams!
    had a wee look on their website, spoke to my gran and she was saying that someone she knows ( a top accountant) uses quidco instead but swears by it.. cant be all bad then lol.. i see you get 100 if you book a kuani holiday so this looks promising, especially if you were buying something anyway, may as well get some money back

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Topcashback is better than Quidco - heard horror stories about it and they also claim a percentage of your cashback or something?

PS: I don't know what you class as a top accountant, but I can match the accountant part...

Senior Platinum Member

Topcashback is better than Quidco - heard horror stories about it and they also claim a percentage of your cashback or something?

PS: I don't know what you class as a top accountant, but I can match the accountant part...
    one of my grans' husbands friends, her husband was a finance manager for sunalliance so i dont know if he worked for them also?
    good job mrs! wish i had been good at maths in school lol

really?? i think ill start using topcashback as im getting my wedding insurance, travel insurance, honeymoon and insurance with that so ill make a nice lttle sum by the end of that

xx

one of my grans' husbands friends, her husband was a finance manager for sunalliance so i dont know if he worked for them also?
    good job mrs! wish i had been good at maths in school lol
    I was just kidding - didn't want to say "I'm a top accountant too!"!

really?? i think ill start using topcashback as im getting my wedding insurance, travel insurance, honeymoon and insurance with that so ill make a nice lttle sum by the end of that
    It adds up - we've had money for upgrading Sky, joining AA, new mobile contract which has been more than the average, but even things like Hilton and Thomson are on there. Basically if you buy online, just check there first to see if there's a deal. You can refer your friends too and at the moment get 10 for a referral.

I've used Quidco for years with no problems but heard a lot of good things about Topcashback too. Quidco claim 5 every year as an admin fee but otherwise the rest is yours.
    Last edited by carols_corner; 25-01-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Platinum Member

I was just kidding - didn't want to say "I'm a top accountant too!"!

It adds up - we've had money for upgrading Sky, joining AA, new mobile contract which has been more than the average, but even things like Hilton and Thomson are on there. Basically if you buy online, just check there first to see if there's a deal. You can refer your friends too and at the moment get 10 for a referral.

lol, how long after you book/ buy something do you get money back??

xx

lol, how long after you book/ buy something do you get money back??

xx
    It varies on each purchase as to when it becomes 'payable' to you but Ive just deposited my first tenner lol into my bank account! Thats prob since November when I signed up?? Guess it depends on how much you use it and what you need at the time? Also works for catalogue orders etc like Littlewoods i think.......which reminds me just ordered stuff for my mum and forgot to go through Topcashback! damn lol
    8th May 2012
    Newton Hotel

Red face

Just want to say that I feel I am in the same boat as you! Still paying off student debt, partner working part time with overtime sometimes and although I have a good job all the money gets eaten up on bills! I was havin some doubts the other day about the budget and if we would actually be able to afford this so you are not alone! We are both looking for second jobs and tryin to juggle paying off debts and saving! I have resorted to having 2 saving pots and have been tryin to move bills around etc as others have said! Just remember that in these hard times you are not alone! We could have waited another few years to get married but I want to get on with my life and have a family so waiting 3 years is long enuf! Aslong as you are happy that is the main thing!

Nicola

I keep forgetting to go on top cash back too, i do use it though when i am buying things for the wedding, but h2b is a nightmare he keeps forgetting to click on top cash back first before buying stuff don't know how many times i have said to him lol.
    You will get there with the saving for use we normally buy monthly for our messages but now we have decided to pay weekly just get shopping every week and see how that goes, mainly because i want to try and start eating healthy (fresh fruit).

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

i am going to start using nhs cashback for nhs employees. you get a black card and get 3 percent on shopping in sainsburys to which is good. so its not just online x

nearlymrsT

I'd completely forgotten I had an account with Top Cashback, logged on today and found 1.29 waiting for me (that's a one wedding favour surely ) and reminded me to get AA breakdown cover for my new car so that will be 19 cashback on it's way soon too.

Thanks for jogging my terrible memory!

Senior Platinum Member

i purchased a trip to london with lastminute.com before finding out about topcashback.. gutted!

still to get wedding insurance, travel insurance, honeymoon, honeymoon travel insurance so this will give me a little bit before the wedding

xx

Hi thinks i am going to have to look into this to, just did budget sheet and seriously hoping I am over budgeting for things (got a feeling not lol). We have a budget of 15000 however total cost on budget sheet is 19800!!! and thats not including honeymoon.

I dont even think we are being that extravegant or over the top. Everthing does not look to bad individually its only when added up together its bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by missm2mrsf View Post
    i am going to start using nhs cashback for nhs employees. you get a black card and get 3 percent on shopping in sainsburys to which is good. so its not just online x
    how do you manage to get one of these cards? i work for the nhs but have never heard of being able to get a card!

lol this money and budgetting thing suxs! lol

but am slowly getting better at it...think ill need to look at the cash back thing too to see if I can save a lil bit with it

xx
    <3 Mrs Moran Millar....To Be <3

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by elnoo View Post
    lol this money and budgetting thing suxs! lol

but am slowly getting better at it...think ill need to look at the cash back thing too to see if I can save a lil bit with it

xx
    im not on topcashback, booked travel insurance with barclays on it for my trip to florida in august, 52 for 2 of us and i get 10.93 back in april, no bad considering i'd have paid that and got nada back in april lol

xx

(sorry I started just listed a few words but this has turned into quite a lengthy post!)
    We have taken out a small loan because the wedding industry prices just go up and up each year and although we could save for a few years, we wouldn't be any better off, and were lucky enough to be able to get a family member to take it out at a good rate. But we're still on a tight budget and although we are spending a little more than is absolutely necessary, we don't have any money to spare!

A few small money saving tips I have used (they are small but if you combine them with what others have suggested they might well help)...

Tesco vouchers - I had been saving my tesco vouchers for years for 'something' with no real plan in mind, I converted them for triple their value in Goldsmiths vouchers and paid for our wedding rings!

Ask around - find out what your friends / family / friends-of-friends skills are, you might be surprised what people can do. Ask around, someone will know a hairdresser or beauty therapist who might not do your hair and makeup for free, but will certainly not be as costly as someone in the wedding industry. Someone will be able to make a cake too - I'm doing cupcakes because they're much easier than a traditional cake and will save myself a few hundred pounds.

Hire - shop around and see if you can hire some things, like vases for centre pieces, bridesmaid dresses, cake stands, headpiece.

If you need transport, can you get a friend with a nice car to drive you - stick a bow on the car and pay their fuel?

Pick up bargains - pick things up in the supermarket and the cheap shops when you see them, just don't get carried away with things you won't actually use! Especially this week, there will be 50% off valentines decorations which could easily fit into a wedding.

Be honest about your budget - if you are looking for a supplier, tell them your budget and ask what they can do for you. We met some florists who just get carried away until you full them back to earth! They would spend out entire budget on flowers if they could.

Prioritise - think about what you and your fiance have always dreamed of and make sure you manage to include this, or some kind of compromise, in your wedding. 5k is a huge amount of money and you'll have to work hard to get it so you don't want to have any regrets on the day.

Go highstreet - try to avoid wedding suppliers if you can, they charge a premium when you might be able to get what you need on the highstreet.

And bear in mind, people will probably give you cash as a present. Although you obviously don't want to rely on it, it will probably help pay off the last few bills. Try to relax a bit and it'll all work out ok, just make sure you enjoy the planning and remember it only costs a couple of hundred pounds to actually marry the person of your dreams, the rest would be nice but it's not the be all and end all. x