Thread: Ingliston Equestrian Centre

Default Ingliston Equestrian Centre

hi all,

first time on this but is anyone having their wedding at ingliston equestrian centre in bishopton or even been to a wedding there ?

I have booked this an its a fairly new venue so needing to know if everything went smoothly as i keep changing my mind. I looked at so many other venues and just did not find anything with the same wow factor or quirkiness, and its not as big as i would like.

confused !!! please help

We have decided to book ingliston after changing our minds so many times but the venue is just so stunning nothing has compared to it since.

Were hoping to book for April 2011. Can't wait !

We've booked it too, for 18th July this year. Totally love the venue - different to everywhere else - and its definitely got the wow factor. I like the fact that its new and not many people have heard of it - I think our guests will love it when they arrive.

A friend of a friend just got married there - she said the sevice was excellent, but the bar is expensive.

what an amazing and modern venue i have visited a couple of times now but my parents wanted a mroe traditional setting! is a very nice venue. :-)

i found some really nice pics of ingliston today

http://www.pzphotography.com/project...urns%20Design/

cant wait to go back on sat! theres also an open day on 1st & 2nd of may. think i'll take my mum and sisters along to show it off!

cheryl - do you have any pics of your friends wedding? ive looked online but could only find one other couple whove been married there.

it is quite expensive - we had lunch there but worth the money the food was great!

Hi angelfins,

Sorry, no pics. I wasn't at the wedding and don't think I'll get access to their photos.

If you're still interested I can PM you some of my pics after we get married in July.

Wedding Supplier

If it helps girls we did a wedding there in December , the photos are online and We have taken the password off.

The only thing is the wedding was on the foggiest day we have ever experienced in 20 years LOL , the bride even managed to arrive in the fog and no one saw her, not even us, We did manage to get some outside but as you can see they were very misty [ no its not a special effect ]

go to www.picsandblooms.co.uk click on clients online albums/weddings then click on Des and Violet

Angela x

Just wondered if anyone else has booked here?

I've heard that they've got loads of bookings for next year and beyond but I still haven't spoke to many other Ingliston brides.

lol me either cheryl, think its because its still not as well known as some of the other more established venues, but i went over to the wedding fayre they had a few weeks ago and it seemed pretty busy that day, bet your excited now, not long to go !!!

x x x

Yeah I went to that too - it was really busy. Enjoyed having a good nosy round the lodges! Our wedding is soo soon - i just can't believe it. I'm really hoping for a nice day so we can have the ceremony on the terrace.

Looks like its just us! & my bridesmaids cousin in getting married their but not till 2013. wonder where all the other ladies are hiding!

When we were in discussing the quote Ian said they were booked every saturday during summer til 2013. He also said that they were ruling out have ceremony on terrace altogether - but this might only apply to new bookings . So were having it in the salerno suite - i didnt think the clydesdale suite was anything special

Fingers crossed for good weather for you both x

Hi girls,

We had our food tasting session last night at Ingliston and the food was amazing! It actually made the choice harder because everything was so good. I think we've managed to choose our starter and main course, but can't settle on the dessert!

I'm so excited, can't wait for the big day to arrive.

hi cheryl, just wondering what you have decided on if you dont mind me asking, i had mine a while back and also loved the food so made my decision harder lol

feel like im having an awful lot of food, are you having an evening buffet also ? what about canapes ?

x x x

We're having chocolate dipped strawberries with the drinks reception.

Then for the meal we're having:

Crescent of melon with exotic fruits and a saffron and passion fruit syrup

Corn fed chicken stuffed with smoked garlic, tomato and basil pesto with a light white wine and cream reduction

Gateau of homemade shortbread with chantilly cream and crushed raspberries and a red berry coulis.

Then for the evening buffet we're having:

Chicken satay with peanut sauce
    Mini killie steak pies
    Filo wrapped king prawns
    Selection of mini focaccia pizzas

The food was amazing - it made the decision harder for us too - but I think thats us decided!

What have you went for?

I didn't realise you could go for a taste test! We're having a tapas menu that we've kinda developed together.
    Did you get to try the buffet menu out?

What have you both got for flowers in the venue / centrepieces ?
    I was getting a quote from my florist this week but couldn't thinknif there was other areas to decorate and coz we having the tapas meal might do away with centrepieces all together

Xx
    www.angelfins.co.uk
    info@angelfins.co.uk
    [URL="http://www.twitter.com/angelfins"www.twitter.com/angelfins[/URL]

Hi Girls,

I have booked Ingliston as my venue too! I am living in Australia just now so had to send my bridesmaids to check it out for me! From the photographs and their reviews, it seems like the perfect venue! Also the staff have been really helpful and emailing regularly. Glad to hear the food is great too!

xxx

Wow Lesley you are brave but you have made a very good choice!

When will you get to see the venue and when do you get married?

xx
    www.angelfins.co.uk
    info@angelfins.co.uk

Glad to hear it's a good choice. Not getting married until July 2012 but coming home on holiday next year for a few weeks so will be able to check it all out then. When are you getting married?

With regards to what you were saying about the centre pieces, my bridesmaids were saying that the tables are so nicely set out and decorated that centre pieces aren't really needed and might be too much.

xxx

I went to ingliston today with my mum and it was set up for a wedding (congrats to lucky couple!) . They had no flowers and it looked stunning. Wee square mirrors with tiny black and red crystals .

Managed to persuade my mum to stay in one of the lodges on night of the wedding.
    www.angelfins.co.uk
    info@angelfins.co.uk

Super Senior Member

It's my boss's goddaughter who is having their wedding there today. They are all staying in the lodges too.

If I see any of the pix will ask her to post in here for you.
    ***29th April 2011***