Thread: Paying the band

Default Paying the band

I think it's the norm... but our band just wants cash payment on the night as they don't accept cheques or credit cards.... it's a lot of money and I personally would rather have this amount settled before the big day to avoid carrying about over 1000 in cash until the evening! Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

b2bclaire

Our band is the same Kirsty, will have to pay the 1200 on the night, scary to think my usher is going to be responsible for this, lets just hope his sporran dosn't go missing lol!

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

I'm the same, will have 630 for band and 470 for the coach to pay. I'm leaving it in the hands of my CBM as she is the only one I can trust to do it x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

We asked my husbands father to hold the money for the band as the best man was already dealing with money for church and his speech! Lol.

It is the norm as I think for most of them it's a second income and cash in hand is much easier.
    Although if you really aren't comfortable then ask if you can pay beforehand in cash.

x
    2nd September 2011

Advertisers

Hi,

Yes it is the norm to pay musicians cash on the day, but not for any cash-in hand tax avoidance strategy! The reason for cash is that if payed by cheque and the cheque bounces then the musician has no come-back. Most bands also like to be paid at the break too so they know they will be paid for the wedding. It would surprise you that some people come the end of the night don't have the money to hand. Obviously bands wish to avoid being put in this situation

Best wishes

Jonas

www.cedervallmusic.co.uk
    Jonas Cedervall - Pianist / Organist
    www.cedervallmusic.co.uk

Senior Platinum Member

i've to pay 100 to the piper on the day, this will make sure he turns up as well.
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ***kirsty*** View Post
    I think it's the norm... but our band just wants cash payment on the night as they don't accept cheques or credit cards.... it's a lot of money and I personally would rather have this amount settled before the big day to avoid carrying about over 1000 in cash until the evening! Whats everyone's thoughts on this?
    Does the reception venue have a safe you could store it in? If that would be okay with them?

Thanks all, I'd prefer to pay them in cash before so may ask them if this is an option! If not i'm sure the venue will look after the money