Thread: writing our ceremony

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Default writing our ceremony

myself and my h2b are going on tuesday to meet with our humanist and start writing our ceremony.

can anyone tell me what to expect?

Thanks x

Anyone? X

Planning til my head pops

Also interested to know if anyone can tell us what to expect - H2B and I are going to see our humanist minister on the 7th.

I go 3rd, so I will be able to fill u in b4 u go! :P anyone else already done this? X

Hi!I went to meet my humanist before we booked her and she went over loads of stuff with us!she asked questions about us as individuals and as a couple,how we met,what we are interested in,the proposal story, our jobs,why we wanted a humanist ceremony. Basically just getting to know us!she then sent us emails with examples of ceremonies she has done before to give us some ideas,examples of vows and how the ceremony should roughly be structured. She also went over what all the paperwork will look like and what documents we need to fill in and when.
    Hope this helps?!
    Xxx

Senior Member DundasCastleBride2B's Avatar

We met our humanist celebrant in August and he was so lovely and enthusiastic that we left feeling quite excited about writing our ceremony. In saying that, we haven't started writing it yet! He emailed us LOADS of example ceremonies so that was useful as we'll probably take bits and pieces from those x
    Mrs M to be

Thanks girls, we met when we booked and gave hive a lot of info but now going back to write it! Well will see tomoro x

Quote Originally Posted by missm2mrsf View Post
    Thanks girls, we met when we booked and gave hive a lot of info but now going back to write it! Well will see tomoro x
    How did you get on?

Hey

Had to cancel tues due to high winds and celebrant being in carluke didn't fancy chancing the drive in the wind lol. So went today, was completely fine, before we went we had to write 10 things we love about each other then our hopes and dream for marriage. Was harder than I thought but was nice reading what h2b had wrote. Then today at meeting we basically discussed who our bridal party are, when we meant, holidays etc we have been on and a bit about ourselves. Now ian is going to put together a script and we have to edit it, hopefully get it in next few weeks. Quite excited! xxx

Ooh I'm in Carluke ... it was horrendous here on Tuesday! I don't think I want to know what H2B has said about me until the day although that may end in me blubbing my way through the service! I think H2B and I will start thinking about our ceremony soon. The humanist gave us some paperwork ages ago but we never really looked at it. One of the things I do like about religious services are singing hymns - I'm not sure if it would be possible for us to have "normal" songs for people to sing along too? Are you incorporating anything special into your service?
    Last edited by Gayle; 07-01-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Well I didn't realise I wasn't to look and h2b emailed me them to print haha. No didn't fancy any hand tying or anything, only thing I considered was unity candle but then decided against that to. I'm sure people could sing normal songs, you'd just have to pick ones you know people would sing along to! I like that idea but scared my lot probs wouldn't sing haha xxx

Our celebrant told us that a lot of people chose to have The Proclaimers, 500 miles... I'm very tempted as a Leith girl/Hibs fan through birth but H2B is less keen!
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012