Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I brave enough?!

Default Am I brave enough?!

I've won a runner up prize in a competition! A boudoir photoshoot! Am I brave enough to do it,but more to the point I'm really not a bonny sight in my underwear!!!

Why can't I win holidays and shoes? What do you think girls; pictures in my pants: yay or nay?!!!!!

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Major YAY! (So says Ms.R.)
    Fairy Gokmother

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

I won a runner up prize too! I've done boudoir before and, although I was aprehensive, I loved it! Filled me with so much self-confidence! Trust me, you'll love it! The photographers are professionals and know how to make you look, and feel, amazing!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

I'd say go for it! I've seen a few pics on Photographers websites and they are very tasteful and seem to get good angles and the photos look fab. x

Senior Member clairelouise20012's Avatar

Yeah deffo go for it.

You dont have to show anyone the photos apart from your hubby and you could also keep it as a wedding present for h2b.

They women who do these shoot work wonders and make you feel so comfortable.

I would def go for it, you will only regret it if you dont.

x Claire x
    Mrs Stolarek To Be !!

Thanks girls!! Ms R look at you!! Woo wooo!!!!
    I've sent an e-mail to see if I can do it a bit closer to the wedding and I'll give them to H2B so he can look back in years to come when everything heads south and remember the good old days!!!

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

I had the same thought as you (Won a runner up prize too!) as i have absolutely no confidence in my figure after years of bullying and being called fat so couldn't imagine stripping down to my undercrackers in front of a complete stranger. After speaking to my H2B (and him confirming it was a female photographer lol) he talked me into doing it as it may give me the confidence I need for the wedding and in the future to come.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

you absolutely MUST do it! Ms R you look fab...! I loved my le boudoir noir photoshoot and i was absolutely not the most confident in my underwear noway, but it is so much fun and...seeing the photos up on the website has defo given me a mahooosive confidence boost! yay trust me...you'll end up wanting to show everyone NOT just your h2b! hehe!

Hello! Did anyone book todays Groupon deal - boudoir shoot for 19 with Inspire Studios - I went for it!!! xx

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daisychain View Post
    Hello! Did anyone book todays Groupon deal - boudoir shoot for 19 with Inspire Studios - I went for it!!! xx
    I had a wee look but dunno iif I have the guts lol! X

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Just a wee heads up about the Inspire shoots. My friend had one and it was a male photographer who made her feel a little uncomfortable, and she wasn't mad on a lot of the photos (though she found one she liked for her included pic).
    Fairy Gokmother

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    Just a wee heads up about the Inspire shoots. My friend had one and it was a male photographer who made her feel a little uncomfortable, and she wasn't mad on a lot of the photos (though she found one she liked for her included pic).
    I did both Suzanne Black (yep on the website!) and I did the Inspire shoot as a gift to my hubby. The Inspire shoot was great, but I didn't get the number of pics quoted on Groupon or by the girl who took my booking. I never followed it up as I was so unbelievably thrilled by the pics that Suzanne took.

You girls will love your prize. Suzanne is seriously good and makes you so comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    I had it done too with inspire and felt a bit intimidated. It was a young male photographer that didn't speak great english and although there was a female in the building, she was downstairs. The studio is at the top of the stairs and the viewing room was downstairs so people coming to view photo's had to walk through my shoot. The finished pics were fab though and I found it hard to pick just one! Almost paid 200 for a disc of them all! Once I'd made up my mind just to have the groupon pics, the service wasn't great. I had to wait 6 weeks for the prints and they didn't inform me when they were in, I had to chase them up. I don't want to put anyone off as for 19, it was worth is as I got full hair and make up done, and there are lots of photographers so maybe ask for a female one when booking?! It doesn't compare to the shoot I won with Nikki McLeod photography in 2010! She was so nice and made me relax and feel gorgeous! Can you tell I've become a bit adicted lol! I can't wait to give H2b all the pics I've got on the wedding day! Can't believe I've managed to keep it secret since July 2010! Not much longer!
    Lx
    16th of June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by missm2mrsf View Post
    I had a wee look but dunno iif I have the guts lol! X
    Go for it! You won't regret it! And H2b will love it!
    Lx
    16th of June 2012

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BalbirnieDreamer View Post
    Go for it! You won't regret it! And H2b will love it!
    Lx
    A bit put off by inspire, would hate to do it with a male lol, that sounded wrong haha x

Go for it! I did a shoot with Suzanne, also on the le boudoir noir website, and loved it. I didn't tell anyone I was doing it, now I have the photos I have shown loads of my friends and family. I am not the most confident in my undies either but the photos are very tastefully done and will make you look fabulous! x

Go for it. I have no self confidence at all and don't like my body but did a shoot with Nikki @ Nikki McLeod Photography and i loved loved loved the experience. Was buzzing for days after and hubby was in tears when he got the album on our wedding day Happy tears I can assure you *haha* It really is a great experience..I suppose it does depend on your photographer but I'm sure you have a great time!
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

I'm still undecided, I'm slim, a size 6/8 and quite flat chested. Most of the girls in these photo shoots seem to be curvier, just don't know how comfortable I'd feel in my underwear

I'm still undecided, I'm slim, a size 6/8 and quite flat chested. Most of the girls in these photo shoots seem to be curvier, just don't know how comfortable I'd feel in my underwear
    The photographer should know the poses that will flatter your figure, and the lighting also does wonders!
    Lx
    16th of June 2012

...you don't have to get your boobs out (so to speak) you can get some fabulous head shots and looking over your shoulder kinda numbers, a good photographer will show you at your best and finds the most flattering way to shoot you.
    I have attached one of my fav pics from my shoot and thats a head shot....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dorstewitz_160411040.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach79 View Post
    ...you don't have to get your boobs out (so to speak) you can get some fabulous head shots and looking over your shoulder kinda numbers, a good photographer will show you at your best and finds the most flattering way to shoot you.
    I have attached one of my fav pics from my shoot and thats a head shot....
    Oooh lovely... stunning pic sassenach!! this makes me want to go for it, just always wanted some nice professional pics of me so can look back when I'm old and wrinkly!!!!

Oooh lovely... stunning pic sassenach!! this makes me want to go for it, just always wanted some nice professional pics of me so can look back when I'm old and wrinkly!!!!
    LOL...glad to be of service You should defo go for it. It will make you feel great. I mean I don't even look like a size 14 in most of my pics and I loved the whole experience. Mind I was sore for days after as it was like a yoga session at times, arching back and twisting and stuff LOL

Sassenach has recommended Nikki to do some baby bump pics for us come Feb/March time when I'm HHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE!! Can't wait to meet her. Sassenach may also be coming along for some company and a natter! xx

Quote Originally Posted by mazgillies View Post
    Sassenach has recommended Nikki to do some baby bump pics for us come Feb/March time when I'm HHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE!! Can't wait to meet her. Sassenach may also be coming along for some company and a natter! xx
    Aww, I love bump photos! You'll have a blast!
    Lx
    16th of June 2012

I also did a shoot at Inspire last time they had a groupon offer. The hair and make up were great, but as above, the photographer was male which I found a bit off-putting. At the end I did feel great, and the photos looked fab. Although it took agggeess to get the actual prints. The photos were taken in mid August and I had to chase and chase them, after a few excuses they finally arrived at the start of November.
    I also felt a bit self concious of my small chest but they use lots of tricks, in particular the lying-down-shots where its all down to angles and lighting!
    Go for it! x