Thread: NWR- knitting

Default NWR- knitting

I'm currently teaching myself to knit... seems that all this wedding planning has inspired me to become even more crafty than usual! I'm in the process of knitting a scarf for H2B and have just ordered really chunky wool to make scarves for both my sisters for Christmas (which will keep me busy for the next few weeks!!)
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Hows your knitting coming along? I'm going to buy wool tomorrow to knit a Knitted Boobie to assist with breastfeeding support in my new job! Not knitted since I was a child so could be interesting! Got a pattern for it off the internet! I'll give it a go but may end up getting my mum to do it so I can focus on wedding stationary!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Advertisers

Not sure if I am allowed to get involved in this thread or not but nothing can stop me on crafty pursuits!!!! Knitting looks fab. have you tried crocheting too? I taught myself last year so that I could knit my own hats and cocoons as props for my newborns. Absolutely love knitting but crocheting gets me even more excited! I just watched videos on youtube to learn and thoroughly recommend it if you like getting crafty - I find it so much quicker than knitting but that is probably cos I am a slow knitter! Here are some of my hats that I made on holiday - downside is that every hat I knit my daughter then wants a copy of! Hope you don't mind me butting in!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hats-8.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	4142

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

Love the hats!

I a big fan of knitting, I just love to see a piece of work grow and then being able to give it as a gift just feel so much better as you know no-one else will have the exact same thing. I'm currently working my way through a list of gifts that I want to make for Christmas.

These are some of the things I've created

I only learnt to knit because someone bought me one of them make your own mittens set (even tho I couldn't knot at the time!) so was determined to use it and set about learning. I would love to be able to crochet too but have't mastered the skill yet
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Knitting and crocheting envy!! I wish I could do it!

Advertisers

these are fab! I've been crocheting Christmas presents too - so far a scarf and a wee capelet and I've just started a vintagey style scarf for my mum. Sounds as though someone needs a crochet your own set for Christmas to get you started! Looking forward to see what else you create! ;-)

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

Just wandered does anyone know a good tutorial for knitting booties toe up. I have the perfect idea for my H2B but am struggling to get it started as I need to start at the bottom and am struglling to turn the heel without it looking like the cat has attacked it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Well, first knitting project all finished and H2B is very chuffed with his scarf... going to stick with scarves for now as I'm not convinced I have the ability to do more than knit rectangles just now but I'm very much enjoying having something to do to help wind down after work each night!! Bought some gorgeous really chunky wool to make scarves for my two sisters for Christmas presents so had best get a wriggle on and get started!!
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

crochet book and hook ordered from Amazon!!