Thread: Airth Castle - Chair Covers

Default Airth Castle - Chair Covers

Hi
    I have recently found out that I need to order 2 sets of chair covers for our weeding if we want both the chairs in the castle dressed as well as the reception hall.
    Has anyone been married here and know of any good linen hire companies?
    Cx

Hi I only recently found this out aswell as this is where I am getting married. Although I have now only opted to have the chair covers in reception can't afford to cover both. Ive went with make believe events. When are you getting married? X

We get married on 31st August 2012. It is a big expense for the 15-30 mins the guests are in the Castle but not sure how it would look without.
    I also had a quote from Make Believe Events and they have been the best so far, so I think we will also use them.
    Its just one thing we hadnt thought of as no one mentioned it at the time of booking!
    When do you get married?
    x

I know Blue Parrot Company, 88 Events and Supernova Events all do chair covers xx

Hi All,

This was something asked at the time of booking our wedding - they advised that for a small charge they could move the seat covers dwon from the castle into the Ballroom after the ceremony.

Not sure if you have thought about this. If I am doing covers then its just going to the Ballroom for me.

Thanks

Lou xx

have you tried CoverWiz. they were the cheapest i found by far at 2.95 per chair (inclusive of organza sash) plus 20 travel cost. I also got a discount for quoting Scottish Wedding Directory (not sure if they are still doing that now but worth an ask) which brought it down to 2.65 a chair.
    The lady is called Leigh and she has been brilliant, and if she hasn't done your venue before she goes along at no extra charge to measure your chairs to make sure they are perfect fit.
    My venue were charging 4 a chair but this little find has halved the cost!!

good luck
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by loujay View Post
    Hi All,

This was something asked at the time of booking our wedding - they advised that for a small charge they could move the seat covers dwon from the castle into the Ballroom after the ceremony.

Not sure if you have thought about this. If I am doing covers then its just going to the Ballroom for me.

Thanks

Lou xx
    My venue are doing this for me - saves on costs for sure when you have 100 seats!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsW2bee View Post
    have you tried CoverWiz. they were the cheapest i found by far at 2.95 per chair (inclusive of organza sash) plus 20 travel cost. I also got a discount for quoting Scottish Wedding Directory (not sure if they are still doing that now but worth an ask) which brought it down to 2.65 a chair.
    The lady is called Leigh and she has been brilliant, and if she hasn't done your venue before she goes along at no extra charge to measure your chairs to make sure they are perfect fit.
    My venue were charging 4 a chair but this little find has halved the cost!!

good luck
    xx
    Thank you everyone, this is helpful. Ill contact Airth Castle to see what the charge would be to mave the covers.

I did try Coverwiz as well, they were also very competative, just need to decide whether I want to include table centres as a package with the chair covers - This is soo difficult.......

Did Airth get back to you about the cahrge for moving them, i may look into this aswell then.

They did but they said to me it wasnt possible to do, not even for a charge so still not too sure what to do.
    Make Believe Events have offered a 10% discount tif I order the additional covers but till not sure whether it is worth it