Thread: Spending money when going all inclusive

Default Spending money when going all inclusive

We're off to Mauritius for 10 nights and have gone for an all inclusive package. I'm just wondering how much spending money we should take with us? We'd like to do a couple of day trips, maybe some diving etc but I'm just not sure how much we'll need for this. Any thoughts!

We stayed at Sandals recently and really didn't need any spending money.

All the watersports and diving were included but we paid to go on a catamaran trip and also a trip to YS River Falls. We also bought cigs and alcohol along with a few pressies to use up the rest of the moeny.

For two weeks we spent $400 and to be honest we wasted it on the booze etc.

x
    2nd September 2011

We have done all inclusive in a few places and spent very little money while we were there - unless you go on trips or want to eat/drink outside the resort there is usually nothing much to buy. In Cape Verde this year we spent 1 euro on a postcard for my mum and dad and that was it.

Super Senior Member

We plan on going on quite a few days trips too, & they can work out quite expensive if they're not included. So we're planning on taking the equivalent of maybe 500 or so for a few trips, some presents for our family & to give us the option if we want to eat out (even though we've paid all-inclusive i'd still like to eat out maybe once or twice for lunch or dinner, just to try other local restaurants). & I am also one for a good shop if possible!

mark wants to take 2000 dollars , am hopin we not gonna need anywhere near that amount , we goin all inclusive at the royal in cancun xx

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

we planned on taking 1000 pounds for 2 weeks so we can do some trips! xxx

Not sure how much we will be taking with use haven't booked anywhere but were ever it will be will defo be all inclusive.

asked him why he wants to take so much , seemingly the romantic dinner for 2 is $250 and the romantic massage for 2 is $250 , and we will prob do a couple of trips but we also gonna do the fish spa lol , he wants to be prepared he said lol xx

30th June 2012! Mrs Strachan to be's Avatar

i wet all inclusive to mexico beinning of the year and we spent prob 500 in the week on 3 trips and tips....... didnt realise how much the tips add up but we would neevr not tip so if i was going for 2 weeks id prob take 1000 and spread out the trips....x
    Roll on 30th June 2012

Mrs strachan to be this was my way of thinking, tips and excursions, forgot about spa treatments! May take a wee extra 500 incase and hope not to spend it x

We are doing a twin centre in Mexico AI and H2B wants to take 2000. At the end of the day too much is way better then too little! x

Check on the hotel website or through your travel providor but if you can pay for all your trips in one go when you get there, or before you get there. Ypu are sometimes best paying for them on your credit card or switch as it costs less than money transfer and you don't have to worry about taking the cash with you, or converting back what you didn't spend. Only take what you need for tips and a little bit of spending money for things other than your trips.
    I just don't like taking big wads of cash and worring about it being in the hotel safe.
    07-06-2012

thats what im worried about , i really dont like takin large amounts of money cos as much as its an amazing hotel you will always get someone tempted to take it if they can , not saying that will happen but i have heard of safes being opened and money took xx

i dont like thought of booking them here, always like to get there and think about then what i actually want to do, as hotels amazing looking and once i get there may not want to leave! lol! xxx

We've been on a few all inclusives over the years and always take around 500 each. It seems too fine! Last year we went to Marmaris all inclusive and spent 200. In Egypt we spent about 150 lol. Xxx
    <3 11th August 2012 <3