Thread: Having wedding bands made?

Default Having wedding bands made?

Just wondering if anyone has designed their own wedding bands (or engagement rings)? My engagement ring is a trilogy ring and I don't think a normal wedding band would sit flush against it so thinking of going to have one made. Would appreciate any recommendations!

My H2B got my engagement ring made which also a trilogy ring, I have went for a plain band as i didn't want anything to be taken away from my engagement ring. It is the same man who is making the wedding rings. And we should receive them this week really excited. Go into a few jewellers and try on various things to see what you do and don't like with you engagement ring. x

Hello,

We had our rings made by Darren White at Bejouled (Shawlands) can't recommend him highly enough.

They have a facebook page (facebook.com/bejouled) which shows some examples of their work. My ring is on there - picture posted 23rd April, name Emma Divers!! My ring is famous!

xx

My ring is a pear shaped diamond so I found that most standard rings didn't sit flush against it. I have had a bespoke ring made by Goldsmiths (with Tesco clubcard points!) in a wishbone shaped ring, no detail, very simple so it doesn't take anything away from my ring.

It was more expensive than a standard ring (for the weight of gold) as they had to make a special mould for it.

xx

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKelly2b View Post
    Hello,

We had our rings made by Darren White at Bejouled (Shawlands) can't recommend him highly enough.

They have a facebook page (facebook.com/bejouled) which shows some examples of their work. My ring is on there - picture posted 23rd April, name Emma Divers!! My ring is famous!

xx
    Oooh your ring is beautiful. I'd like a sparkly wedding band too! I've heard of Bejouled, think I will give them a call and see what they can do for us - thank you!!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by ***kirsty*** View Post
    Oooh your ring is beautiful. I'd like a sparkly wedding band too! I've heard of Bejouled, think I will give them a call and see what they can do for us - thank you!!! xx
    No problem! He's a really good guy to work with and certainly knows his stuff! My engagement ring is on another thread I started (pear shaped) - cannot wait to have them both together!
    xx

Awww i cant see yours mrs kelly, or am i completly missing it (probably!)

So glad you posted that link though, my engagement ring has a strange shaped band (not straight, it goes either side of the diamond, not meeting in the middle if that makes sense) so need to have a wedding ring made. Definatly going to make an appointment to see him!

Never mind, found it! it's stunning!

For those of you who got their engagement or wedding ring from Bejouled, how do the prices compare to places on the high street? I've had a look at the pictures on their Facebook page and I'm quite impressed. There's an offer via a Glasgow wedding website (not sure if I'm allowed to say where on this forum?) where they are offering 120 off if you buy both wedding bands from there

x

Thank you Clarabanana! I just love it. Haven't seen it since the day we got them, they're being safely stored at my mums...

Shortie, sadly ours were a bit more expensive than that. Hwoever, Darren is really accommodating and will work within your budget.

I'd definitely recommend making an appointment and take it from there! x

Hi Mrskelly2b. Thanks for replying but think there's a mix up, 120 is the discount that Bejouled offer if you get both rings from there. Our budget for rings is higher than that. I've got a quote from elsewhere for a shaped platinum ring for me and a palladium ring for H2B, the price is reasonable but the bargain hunter in me wants to see if we can get them even cheaper elsewhere lol

x
    Last edited by Shortie; 10-11-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
    Hi Mrskelly2b. Thanks for replying but think there's a mix up, 120 is the discount that Bejouled offer if you get both rings from there. Our budget for rings is higher than that. I've got a quote from elsewhere for a shaped platinum ring for me and a palladium ring for H2B, the price is reasonable but the bargain hunter in me what's to see if we can get them even cheaper elsewhere lol

x
    Duh, just re-read your quote again! My brain usually turns to mush at this point in the week!

I got my engagement ring made on holiday in turkey and going to do the same with wedding rings! got about twice the size of diamond as you would in uk and better gold! (plus a great holiday!) xxx

Default wedding bands

I'm having mine made by John McKay in Paisley. Just want a plain gold band but it needs to be shaped around my engagement ring, it's pear shaped and nothing fits exactly. Plus they do a xmas club so I can pay it up yay!

H2B has yet to decide what he wants for his ring, he talks about stainless steel or something silvery. xxx

That's were i am getting mine made at john mckay's mines also needs to be made to fit round my engagement ring as it is a weird shape.

I've heard John Mackays mentioned a few times, are they quite reasonable or just about the same as Bejouled etc?

Quote Originally Posted by nicola3011 View Post
    I've heard John Mackays mentioned a few times, are they quite reasonable or just about the same as Bejouled etc?
    Hi there! They are very reasonable i would say i got a great deal put a deposit down on feb at the secc wedding fayre and got 10% off with free polish, free re-sizing for engagement ring and getting it also re-dipped (white gold) they have been nothing but fab with me very helpful would recommend them.

We got ours made, totally delighted.

We got ours made by a jeweller in England.

I got mine in a jewellers in Paisley called McLauchlans. I have a pear shaped diamond on a twist ring so absolutely nothin fitted! I got it made up in platinum with 7 diamonds and was happy enough with the price. I received an excellent service, I went into John MacKays as well and they were also lovely, however they offered to cut out the shape of a band rather than make the ring from scratch.