Thread: Winter flowers

Ros@SWD

Does anyone have any suggestions for flowers that would work well for a winter wedding bouquet? Ie something that will be in season (and not too expensive) at Christmas time?

QUOTE (Ros@SWD @ Jan 30 2009, 06:50 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=27"]
    Does anyone have any suggestions for flowers that would work well for a winter wedding bouquet? Ie something that will be in season (and not too expensive) at Christmas time?[/b]

Hi Ros
    Im getting married in a couple of weeks and Im having red tulips with thistles. Tulips are in season this time of year and I wanted to have a Scottish feel to my bouquet. My florist did a mock bouquet for me and it looked fab.

Catie Stewart

QUOTE (Ros@SWD @ Jan 30 2009, 06:50 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=27"]
    Does anyone have any suggestions for flowers that would work well for a winter wedding bouquet? Ie something that will be in season (and not too expensive) at Christmas time?[/b]

Hi Ros

There are lots of seasonal flowers to choose from, even at this time of year! Depending on the colour scheme you have chosen, you could have anemones, hippeastrums (amaryllis), hyacinths, narcissus, tulips, hellebores, euphorbias, eryngiums, occasionally nerines, ranunculus, even snowdrops and mistletoe!

Hope that helps,

Best wishes, Catie

Beth Laing

Hi,
    How about red carnations, they are really lovely, smell nice and last a long time. Cymbidium orchids would also look wonderful arranged in a an overarm bouquet with matching wrist corsages for your maids.
    Hope this helps
    Kindest regards
    Beth x