Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Cake tasting / consultation

  1. #1
    Senior Member ***kirsty***'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    322

    Default Cake tasting / consultation

    Ok, have finally found my cake lady and wanting to arrange a tasting/ consultation soon. Do you think H2B should come along, or better to take my sister (who is bridesmaid). Feel like H2B's only interest would be in tasting but his input to design would be zilch!! Sister would enjoy tasting and designing. Could always take him home a doggy bag?!!

    bearing in mind, he plays football most week nights so finding an evening when we are both free could be tricky!! Just feel bad to leave him out!

  2. #2
    Senior Member elnoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    369

    Default

    oooo can i ask who its with Kirsty am looking to get ideas and one of these set up!

    I'd say if he is a busy bee and would only be interested in tasting u could bring him a doggy bag but thts just me lol

    Xx
    <3 Mrs Moran Millar....To Be <3

    Daisypath Wedding tickers

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    i had a tasting with lyndsy today omg amazing cake lovely girl ive booked cant wait to see my cake its going to be fab xx u should check her out girls good prices xx

  4. #4
    Senior Member gekkie30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendal2011 View Post
    i had a tasting with lyndsy today omg amazing cake lovely girl ive booked cant wait to see my cake its going to be fab xx u should check her out girls good prices xx
    Was that Lynsey from Custom Cakes? We absolutely love her cakes too

  5. #5
    Senior Member ***kirsty***'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    322

    Default

    We've gone with Lynsey too, going to meet her after I come back my hols - v excited!!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    me too, got tasting next week, excited!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Go alone!!! Well this is still rather raw for me....I booked One Fine Day at one of the wedding fairs at the beginning of the year and on Thursday me and H2B went to decide on a design and confirm cake flavours....oh my.....what a hoo-hah! I had shown him some designs before we went and both agreed on the same one...bonus....when we got there he says "we will just have a look about then leave"....eh no....we have made an appintment to speak to the women....we didnt just wonder in off the street for a look about....so decided on the cake then he hits out with "there is too much space betweem the layers".........we are having 4 tiers with a little clear box in the middle seperating them....but this was too big....so we have agreed on a silly wee cube thing instead. Then he was about to leave when the lovley cake lady asked about what kind of cake we wanted in the tiers....so I was all excited and said oh I want fruit and chocolate and I am not fussed about the other two.....well....."Dont be so silly.....who has different cakes....and who has fruit cake as wedding cake"....the poor lady didnt know where to look.....silly boy!!! So this went on for about 5 mins then his reason for having plain sponge was " I dont want the outside of the cake to look different from the inside".....I dont even know what that means so I told the lady we would go away and talk about it then confirm......!!! Sorry....I think I had to rant about that experience!!!

    M x

  8. #8
    Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2012Bride View Post
    Go alone!!! Well this is still rather raw for me....I booked One Fine Day at one of the wedding fairs at the beginning of the year and on Thursday me and H2B went to decide on a design and confirm cake flavours....oh my.....what a hoo-hah! I had shown him some designs before we went and both agreed on the same one...bonus....when we got there he says "we will just have a look about then leave"....eh no....we have made an appintment to speak to the women....we didnt just wonder in off the street for a look about....so decided on the cake then he hits out with "there is too much space betweem the layers".........we are having 4 tiers with a little clear box in the middle seperating them....but this was too big....so we have agreed on a silly wee cube thing instead. Then he was about to leave when the lovley cake lady asked about what kind of cake we wanted in the tiers....so I was all excited and said oh I want fruit and chocolate and I am not fussed about the other two.....well....."Dont be so silly.....who has different cakes....and who has fruit cake as wedding cake"....the poor lady didnt know where to look.....silly boy!!! So this went on for about 5 mins then his reason for having plain sponge was " I dont want the outside of the cake to look different from the inside".....I dont even know what that means so I told the lady we would go away and talk about it then confirm......!!! Sorry....I think I had to rant about that experience!!!

    M x
    oh dear sounds like your stress levels were up by the time you got this sorted - bless him at not knowing you can have different types of cake layers.

    Getting married on 23/06/12


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Yes - that was my bridezilla moment I think!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gekkie30 View Post
    Was that Lynsey from Custom Cakes? We absolutely love her cakes too
    yes it was she is fab xx

  11. #11
    Senior Member ***kirsty***'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2012Bride View Post
    Go alone!!! Well this is still rather raw for me....I booked One Fine Day at one of the wedding fairs at the beginning of the year and on Thursday me and H2B went to decide on a design and confirm cake flavours....oh my.....what a hoo-hah! I had shown him some designs before we went and both agreed on the same one...bonus....when we got there he says "we will just have a look about then leave"....eh no....we have made an appintment to speak to the women....we didnt just wonder in off the street for a look about....so decided on the cake then he hits out with "there is too much space betweem the layers".........we are having 4 tiers with a little clear box in the middle seperating them....but this was too big....so we have agreed on a silly wee cube thing instead. Then he was about to leave when the lovley cake lady asked about what kind of cake we wanted in the tiers....so I was all excited and said oh I want fruit and chocolate and I am not fussed about the other two.....well....."Dont be so silly.....who has different cakes....and who has fruit cake as wedding cake"....the poor lady didnt know where to look.....silly boy!!! So this went on for about 5 mins then his reason for having plain sponge was " I dont want the outside of the cake to look different from the inside".....I dont even know what that means so I told the lady we would go away and talk about it then confirm......!!! Sorry....I think I had to rant about that experience!!!

    M x
    Ahhh what a nightmare!! Boys are rubbish! I actually just asked H2B if he'd be interested in coming and he was just honest and said not really, which suits me!! I read out the list of flavours and he liked roughly the same ones as me so that's good. So will either go alone or with sis sorted!! x

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •