Thread: Another shoe thread!

Super Senior Member

Default Another shoe thread!

Seems a few of us are having shoe problems!

I keep coming across these and every time I look at them I think they look so comfy - but are they "weddingy" enough? I hate to say that because I'm usually the one saying go for it to everyone who asks the same question...

But are they?!

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

Oh I can't see them :'(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Super Senior Member

Booger, neither can I now!!

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/wo...n-shoes-604505

Try that!

Hmmmm, I would say they defo look comfy but don't exactly scream wedding...

My honest opinion is (cos I HATE shoes) is that comfort is a must, hardly anyone sees your shoes anyway so unless your thinking of having pics of them x

Super Senior Member

Thanks. I wasn't planning to have a showy pair but I decided that instead of having the same white/ivory wedding shoes that everyone has, I would hide a pair of purple (my FAVOURITE) sparklers under my dress. I'm thinking this doubles my options.

I STILL can't find a pair I like. I think I'm being too picky for my budget.

But as I live in flats and trainers 95% of the time I don't want to go mad spending 300 on a one off pair. **sigh**

I just want comfy shoes I can forget I am wearing which don't cost the earth, and which won't have me feeling like I should have had " proper wedding shoes"

Quote Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
    I just want comfy shoes I can forget I am wearing which don't cost the earth, and which won't have me feeling like I should have had " proper wedding shoes"
    Haha, that's why I got my new look ones and blinged them up with a bit of sparkle. Like you I spend most my life in flats and only really wear heels when I go out dancing... My old reliable heels are new look ones (identical to wedding shoes but black) so I know I will be fine once they are broken in... Not bad for 30 all in either x

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lil_jo84 View Post
    Haha, that's why I got my new look ones and blinged them up with a bit of sparkle. Like you I spend most my life in flats and only really wear heels when I go out dancing... My old reliable heels are new look ones (identical to wedding shoes but black) so I know I will be fine once they are broken in... Not bad for 30 all in either x
    Which ones did you get?

these are my shoes http://www.scottishweddingdirectory....blinging-it-up!

but i'm not sure if they still have them, I bought them about 9 months ago x

Super Senior Member

They are lovely! Too high for me though :-( You did a good job with the bling!

they had a smaller version but i need the height cos i'm a good 8 inches shorter then my H2B so photos always look stupid

Super Senior Member

Awww can you not get him to dig a nice hole?!

Either that or get a step for under my dress lol

Hadn't seen your shoe pic before, lil_jo84, the sparkle makes so much difference! I hate shoes too, don't own any high ones so decided now isn't the time to start. I went for rainbow club ones, it was more than I wanted to spend on shoes I know I'll never wear again, but they are a bit padded with a low heel so figured it'd be worth it. Comfort and the ability to actually walk about/dance is probably more important than them being 'weddingy' enough though?

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rushingbride View Post
    Comfort and the ability to actually walk about/dance is probably more important than them being 'weddingy' enough though?
    Absolutely. But you know when you just get that "block" over whether it is suitable? I just keep coming back to these ones, I think one of the reasons I like them is because they aren't typical wedding shoes! I think I may order them, I can choose who I show them to as my dress is long and will hide them. At least I'll be comfortable!

if you are struggling try this company www.heavenlydanceshoes.com - they handmake your shoes to your specification for 68!!! granted they are danceshoes but they will last if you get leather soles. for my friends wedding they even sent her the leather for the heels so she could stamp her butterfly in them.
    i have 2 pairs of dance shoes from them and i love them!!!

I would say order whatever shoes you like - i'm wearing teal shoes because I love them - i've not got teal in my colour scheme but it is one of my fave colours so I thought 'why not'! Have also blinged them up! I would post a photo here but there might be prying eyes! ;o)

Go with whatever is comfy and you are hapopy with! x