Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: alternative to guest book

Default alternative to guest book

hey girls,
    just wondered if anyone is thinking of doing something different for their guest book?
    I thought I'll post a pic of our signature frame..we used a picture from our engagement shoot and got guests to sign it on our wedding day, then our photographer framed it for us, it now hangs in our hall and makes me emotional every time I look at it
    Maybe not ideal for a big wedding but it suited us very well....x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0873.jpg  
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

Super Senior Member

That's a lovely idea! And it is a beautiful photo of you both!

I think if I had that hanging in my house I'd greet every time I walked past it!

Thanks hun, yeah I periodically stand in front of it reading the lovely messages and tear up

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Aw this is a lovely pic of you guys Anita:-) We did the same...I pestered Jim last night until he put ours up on the wall. I will try n post a pic later on. We have ours up in the living room on the chimney breast wall along with a few other weddingy things. Mrs McDermott-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

Super Senior Member

Its lovely xx

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Default our wedding wall

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedding wall.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	3382ok here goes...im going to try and add a pic of our signing frame...wish me luck:-)
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

What a lovely idea and something you can look at every day rather than a book that it hidden on a shelf!

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghBride View Post
    What a lovely idea and something you can look at every day rather than a book that it hidden on a shelf!
    This is why I was thinking of something other than a guest book! Photo albums and guest books are lovely but how often will you actually have time to get them sit and look through them (saying that we loved going through Mum & Dad's with them!)

If its on your wall like this you see it every day

Both of yours here are lovely xx
    Last edited by Clairebear; 31-08-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo

Oooo we are having one to we get a pre wedding shoot and it then goes to reception to get signed can't wait to have it all signed hanging on my wall now I've seen these

I am also having a guest book to as I bought it before booked the photographer! Lol

Xx
    <3 Mrs Moran Millar....To Be <3

Daisypath Wedding tickers

loving it Donna

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

I love the idea of a signed photoframe but don't seem to have any nice pics.

I'm thinking of going with a wishing tree which I can then make a scrapbook out of
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Senior Platinum Member

im having a signing frame and a video guestbook, love both of your signed photos they're lovely!

was going to make my own little guestbook with questions eg fav memory of couple, how you kno them etc but felt that i had enough for the guests to contend with lol

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Im going for a wishing tree too just need to find one i like we have too many guests to go with the signed pic but they are lovely
    8th May 2012
    Newton Hotel

I love the signing photos, it's so nice to have something out on display.

We're having a Fingerprint tree which my Uncle is painting for us. We're going to have 3 autumn colours for leaves and people sign their name on their finger print. (You can buy them on Etsy). We are also having a guest book though so that people can write messages if they wish but I think they can be more private and are nice to look at occasionally. :-)

My uncle said he'd finish it by mid September so I'm getting so excited to see it soon!!!

I'm not sure whether to go with a regular guestbook, or to make something different, because I can't read handwriting O_o I mean, on the one hand I think, "Just get someone to read it out to you" and on the other hand I think, "I'd really like to be able to read my own damn guestbook myself. . . ."

Still not having any luck finding a wishing tree that i REALLY like.....sooo i might just have to make one myself??! Im just worried it will look 'homemade' anyone else done the DIY route with this?? Any tips
    8th May 2012
    Newton Hotel

Hi

Not sure if you've seen this site, but I was speaking to a girl who has just started doing crystal wishing trees when i went to the Holiday Inn wedding fayre at East Kilbride. I had never really thought about it but it definately attracts attention and looks gorgeous!

http://www.crystalwishingtreesatstic...designs.co.uk/

I don't know if the price is good or not tho (there is an offer on until 30 November)

Linz

Looks lovely just not close enough for me to hire

we are having a wishing tree, going to make it ourselves. H2B fave tree is silver birch so he has got the job of finding a good piece of it, then gonna cut out loads of ivory bird shapes and attach with purple ribbon so that guests can write their message on then place on the tree. We are going to have this in our conservatory after the wedding as a lovely feature (instead of stuffing a guestbook on a book shelf where it wil stay for years!!)

Planning til my head pops

I was going to have little cards on different coloured paper and they'll say, "Who are you?", "Draw us a picture", "Write us a message". I reckon the pictures could be funny!! Then they'll either be posted in a ballot box type thing (original idea - and just keep the box) but I noticed at my sister's wedding (she had a traditional guestbook) people like to see what other people wrote so maybe get people to stick up on a board and we can put them in a box later, or get a book with those littlee pockets (like for business cards) and get everyone to slot them in.

We are getting a caricature done of the wedding party, then having a mount round that where everyone can sign it.
    07-06-2012

In one of the wedding magazines i read ( can't remember which one - i've read so much!), they had different pieces of card to write ' wishes for the bride and groom' and a large glass bowl to put them in. I think I will do this as it is a little different and means the bridesmaid doesnt have the stress of getting people to sign the book. I think it would look nice on its own table with an arrangement of flowers and maybe a few pictures of the bride and groom.

We are having a canvas with a picture from our engagement shoot on a stand and anyone who wants to cam write their own message etc. love the idea of wishing wells and trees.

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Ve just went for a traditional guestbook, ordered it last night. x

Advertisers

Quote Originally Posted by lil_jo84 View Post
    I love the idea of a signed photoframe but don't seem to have any nice pics.

I'm thinking of going with a wishing tree which I can then make a scrapbook out of
    Wishing trees are lovely!!
    Another idea if you like the signing frames is you could always have a blank mount and put one of your wedding photos in if you are not going down the pre-wedding/engagement shoot route! I'm sure after your wedding you won't be saying you don't have any nice pics! You could put a printed note where the photo would go with a message to your guests! Still love the wishing trees too - so many lovely ideas around makes me want to get married again!