Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: alternative to guest book

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by missm2mrsf View Post
    Ve just went for a traditional guestbook, ordered it last night. x
    My MIL2b got back from holidays last night and handed me a guestbook plus wedding party thank you cards that she saw and fell in love with so looks like we're having a traditional book too! We hadn't really thought about it yet but its a lovely book so we're happy with that! I don't think I'd display a signed pic as our house style is very modern and minimalistic and I don't think it would go with our decor! They look lovely though! My friend got a signature plate and again, it looks lovely in her house but I personally wouldn't want to display it! So a book suits us best! Its another thing that is a personal choice I think!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BalbirnieDreamer View Post
    My MIL2b got back from holidays last night and handed me a guestbook plus wedding party thank you cards that she saw and fell in love with so looks like we're having a traditional book too! We hadn't really thought about it yet but its a lovely book so we're happy with that! I don't think I'd display a signed pic as our house style is very modern and minimalistic and I don't think it would go with our decor! They look lovely though! My friend got a signature plate and again, it looks lovely in her house but I personally wouldn't want to display it! So a book suits us best! Its another thing that is a personal choice I think!
    Lx
    thats same as me, i know i wouldnt display it. think they are lovely though. i got my guestbook from ebay and its personalised, looks lovely. excited for it to arrive. x

We are gonna have a guest book and one of our friends has offered to borrow a video camera and video people wee messages to use, that way we can keep it forever.

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loobieb2b View Post
    We are gonna have a guest book and one of our friends has offered to borrow a video camera and video people wee messages to use, that way we can keep it forever.
    Oh, I forgot about my video guest book thats part of our videographer package! That will be a great keepsake!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

My sister in law to be went for something a bit different to a traditional guestbook and place cards recently. The took/sourced a picture of each of the guests attending and stuck these on cards which were placed around the tables instead on name cards, everyone thought these were great and it was a bit of fun trying to find yourself and seeing photos that you never knew existed! Anyway during the speeches guests were informed that these could be used to write a message or draw a picture for the couple. These were then collected via a tresure chest box and the couple have now put these into their own book. Because nobody else was viewing each others messages, they felt that they got some really personal messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Drummond View Post
    My sister in law to be went for something a bit different to a traditional guestbook and place cards recently. The took/sourced a picture of each of the guests attending and stuck these on cards which were placed around the tables instead on name cards, everyone thought these were great and it was a bit of fun trying to find yourself and seeing photos that you never knew existed! Anyway during the speeches guests were informed that these could be used to write a message or draw a picture for the couple. These were then collected via a tresure chest box and the couple have now put these into their own book. Because nobody else was viewing each others messages, they felt that they got some really personal messages.
    Wow I love this idea!!!!! You mind if I steal this and use it?

I think we are going to have a guest book but also have an old style Polaroid camera next to it to get ppl to put in their picture along with their message. I really hope someone doesn't put in a daft photo thinking it's funny and just waste it (and infuriate me!)

Our artist friend designed us a finger print tree and we got some nice autumn coloured ink. It looks fab and every single guest got involved which surprised us. It will hang on our wall with pride

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fingerprint tree.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	4209

thought i would show you a wee picture of what our guests created for us the inks were really cheap too and it could be adapted for any season/ colour scheme xx

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmca View Post
    Wow I love this idea!!!!! You mind if I steal this and use it?
    Steal away!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsW2bee View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fingerprint tree.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	4209

thought i would show you a wee picture of what our guests created for us the inks were really cheap too and it could be adapted for any season/ colour scheme xx
    Wow, this looks lovely, definately one to put in my ideas book.

Hi All

We also had a signing mount for our wedding to which we are going to add a wedding photo from the professional album and use the gilt frame we had for our table plan, lots of different memories of our wedding. Additionally, we got a special box and luggage tags with 'wedding wishes' printed on the back and asked our guests to leave us a message with their advice for a long and happy marriage, the box is sealed and we are going to open it on our 1st wedding anniversary which is paper and read everyone's messages and remind ourselves of our big day which will just be a distant memory by then...

Lx

I found this on notonthehighstreet.com and couldnt resist, might not use it on the day but it's so different i didnt want to wait till nearer the time and miss it

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/wo...o-party-poster

Basically guest fill in a speach bubble and colour in a character. we'll have it framed once the day is over