Thread: cheap venue (?) near glasgow

Default cheap venue (?) near glasgow

hi ladies,

i feel like i am asking a near impossible question here. we have been considering getting married forever, our daughter is now 4 and we have been engaged for 7 yrs! yes, i know lol. a bit of the prob is that i can never decide on a venue or if i want a small meal, no meal and just a do at night. other half wants the full shebang. anyway just discovered that i am pregnant (wee surprise) and feel quite ridiculous calling OH my b/f at my age. we want to get married in november but we are on a tight budget. is it possible? any suggestions? thanks in advancexx

How tight is your budget so we have a better idea of what might/might not be suitable? And how many guests do you think you would invite? Anything is possible, it just depends on what your priorities are!

I forgot to add that many places do all inclusive packages which are a good idea.

For example my venue, the Western House Hotel down at Ayr Racecourse do a package for 2200 which is for 60 guests plus an extra 20 guest in the evening. Here's the link - http://www.westernhousehotel.co.uk/w...ter-wonderland

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

The pond hotel do good deal xxx

thanks. i had a look at the western house hotel link, that looks lovely. i actually have their brochure here. i wasn't sure if that was a bit out of our way. looked at eatwood house also...how far is that from glasgow/clydebank. have also considered pollockshields burgh hall. i guess i keep going round in circles trying to weigh up what would be the best option in trms of location and money. so many places are now doing package deals. i am a nightmare i know!

Super Senior Member

missT what about the Radnor Hotel if you're in Clydebank and want to keep it close xx

Quote Originally Posted by missT View Post
    hi ladies,

i feel like i am asking a near impossible question here. we have been considering getting married forever, our daughter is now 4 and we have been engaged for 7 yrs! yes, i know lol. a bit of the prob is that i can never decide on a venue or if i want a small meal, no meal and just a do at night. other half wants the full shebang. anyway just discovered that i am pregnant (wee surprise) and feel quite ridiculous calling OH my b/f at my age. we want to get married in november but we are on a tight budget. is it possible? any suggestions? thanks in advancexx

Hey i just got married in the gerogian hotel in coatbridge and we did everything cars dresses. etc and venue for 60 in under 3000 . dont know what your budgets like but you could maybe give them a wee phone.

xxxx

Super Senior Member

The Lynnhurst in Johnstone are doing a midweek deal for 1000 www.lynnhurst.co.uk
    ***29th April 2011***

Eastwood House is lovely, and you can also get married there x
    2nd September 2011

Our budget is 4000 and so far we're coming in under that! Like yourself we were looking for a nice place that wouldn't cost the earth. We almost decided on the Ramada Jarvis hotel on Ingram Street in the city centre as their package is fantastic and the city centre location means that your guests don't have too much travelling to do. You can have your ceremony and reception in the same place and places like GOMA and George Square and even the bridges over the clyde make great wedding photos! For 2,000 you get your ceremony in the hotel, 3 course meal for 40 plus coffee, a welcome drink for everyone, sparkling wine to toast, plus evening room hire and finger buffet for up to 80 people. You also get a momento box to keep your special bits and pieces in. Also, the room is lovely, and as its downstairs its very private and there is also a lift for wheelchair access. I have a ton of other bargain places I can tell you!! x M

Broomhall Castle in Menstrie is beautiful and less than 30 minutes drive from Glasgow. They don't do wedding packages so each wedding is individually tailored to suit a budget. Def worth contacting them we have booked there for next year and I just love it www.broomhallcastle.co.uk

thanks very much for taking the time to answer. we are so far going to see the Lynnhurst on Wednesday and the Pond hotel over the weekend.

My OH is a bit reluctant to travel far from glasgow.

I'm getting quite excited now! My budget...as little as possible lol partly because of the time factor and we want to buy a house next year.

Thanks again ladies

Super Senior Member

Our wedding at the Lynnhurst was perfect and the staff were brilliant on the day. Can't thank them highly enough. I hope you get a good deal from them if you choose to go with the Lynnhurst. the honeymoon suite is to die for!
    ***29th April 2011***

just back from the Lynnhurst and loved it! I didn't realise that you get the whole 'house' to yourself. It was stunning. Loved the honeymoon suite, my daughter thought the bath was a pool lol (she is only 4). Just counting our pennies to see if we can manage it.

Meezy P what did you do in the evening - DJ/band? What did you do buffet wise? was there any haggling to be had with the venue? I feel so cheap already lol as their package is great, just love this hotel!

Super Senior Member

Sorry for the late reply as I've been working in the US for a bit. We chose a band and had 4 items per person for the buffett with the cake and tea and coffee too. We didn't haggle mainly cause we felt we got such a good deal but if you dont ask you dont get

I also did my own candy buffet which went down a storm.

The hotel is amazing and the service is great. x
    ***29th April 2011***

Super Senior Member

Meant to add, im happy to recommend any of my suppliers to you if you need any advice just ask x
    ***29th April 2011***