Thread: Honeymoon Booked!

Default Honeymoon Booked!

So excitied - honeymoon is now booked!
    2 weeks of complete relaxation in the Maldives! Even booked a room with a Jacuzzi!

Link to the resport below!

http://www.kuramathi.com/guestvillas/beachjacuzzi.html
    07-06-2012

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Looks fabulous. The Maldives are meant to be perfect for total relaxation.
    Fairy Gokmother

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Looks fab! How exciting!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Thats where we're going to MrsW2b, can't wait it looks amazing! are you going select all inclusive? going to Dubai on the way home too xxx

Oh can I be really cheeky and asked how much this cost? We are looking to do Maldives and Dubai! Need to start shopping about soon. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 Bride View Post
    Oh can I be really cheeky and asked how much this cost? We are looking to do Maldives and Dubai! Need to start shopping about soon. Thanks.
    I just called Kuoni to get some prices for 10 nights in Maldives (Kuramathi) and 3 nights in Dubai (Towers Rotana) and was quoted.........6022. This is for select all inclusive and a deluxe beach villa with a jacuzzi!!

Quote Originally Posted by annlouise View Post
    Thats where we're going to MrsW2b, can't wait it looks amazing! are you going select all inclusive? going to Dubai on the way home too xxx
    It does look amazing! we can't wait! yes we are going on select all inclusive, all the reviews said to do thta and the menus on the website look great for the A La carte restaurants so thought it was worth it.
    When are you going? We are heading out June Next year.
    07-06-2012

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyMerritt View Post
    I just called Kuoni to get some prices for 10 nights in Maldives (Kuramathi) and 3 nights in Dubai (Towers Rotana) and was quoted.........6022. This is for select all inclusive and a deluxe beach villa with a jacuzzi!!
    Just a tip if you go direct through Kuoni you won't get any discounts. if you use a tour operator like Barrhead Travel or any others that deal with Kuoni you will get a discount so worth shopping about to see what you can get. we got 15% off the kuoni prices through a deal at my work, so it makes it a bit cheaper! We weren't planning on spending this much on a honeymoon, but thought why not, we are spending a lot more on 1 day and this is for 2 weeks! once in a lifetime - I can't wait until next June!!!!!!!!
    07-06-2012

Quote Originally Posted by BalbirnieDreamer View Post
    Looks fab! How exciting!
    Lx
    Have you booked your honeymoon? I get married at Balbirnie on the Thursday before you!
    07-06-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.W2b View Post
    It does look amazing! we can't wait! yes we are going on select all inclusive, all the reviews said to do thta and the menus on the website look great for the A La carte restaurants so thought it was worth it.
    When are you going? We are heading out June Next year.
    We re heading out 8weeks yeaterday........................so excited think the select all inclusive is soooooooooo worth it, will come back from honeymoon at least 2 sizes bigger haha xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Have you booked your honeymoon? I get married at Balbirnie on the Thursday before you!
    Yeah, we booked secrets maroma beach in Mexico! Can't wait!
    http://www.secretsresorts.com/maroma/about.asp
    Was talking to another B2B that gets married at Balbirnie on the 14th so there must be a few of us around the same time on here! Time is flying by now! I can't wait!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by annlouise View Post
    We re heading out 8weeks yeaterday........................so excited think the select all inclusive is soooooooooo worth it, will come back from honeymoon at least 2 sizes bigger haha xxx
    Yeh i'm thinking all my good work loosing weight for the wedding will be undone on the honeymoon - the food looks fab, definately worth doing the select all inclusive!!
    Please let me know what its like when you get back! 8 weeks to go - you must be so excitied!
    Last edited by Mrs.W2b; 26-07-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    07-06-2012

Quote Originally Posted by BalbirnieDreamer View Post
    Yeah, we booked secrets maroma beach in Mexico! Can't wait!
    http://www.secretsresorts.com/maroma/about.asp
    Was talking to another B2B that gets married at Balbirnie on the 14th so there must be a few of us around the same time on here! Time is flying by now! I can't wait!
    Lx
    Your honeymoon looks like it will be great too, one of my work collegues went to mexico and had a great time!
    Time is definately flying by so quickly! I just hope the month of June goes nice and slow so I can take it all in!!!
    x
    07-06-2012

Wait til we're back Les before you book and we'll tell you all about it and show you our pics!

We booked Kuoni through Barrhead Travel. Greg spent ages researching all the islands and getting loads of quotes. He then posted a question on a Trip Advisor forum asking folk's opinions of two he'd narrowed down to and quite a few folk said neither try here http://athurugabeach.diamonds-resorts.com/ so we had a look and it's got the best reviews so we booked it. We were quoted over 6k by a couple of companies so we played them off each other and got Gillian at Barrhead in town to give us the best price, around 5600 I think. That's for 9 nights all inclusive in a water villa and 3 nights in a dubai hotel on the beach. I'm taking my running stuff to combat the food and drink intake though! 6 weeks today we'll be there. yay!!
    Move over Kate Middleton, I had a sapphire first!

Just a tip if you go direct through Kuoni you won't get any discounts. if you use a tour operator like Barrhead Travel or any others that deal with Kuoni you will get a discount so worth shopping about to see what you can get. we got 15% off the kuoni prices through a deal at my work, so it makes it a bit cheaper! We weren't planning on spending this much on a honeymoon, but thought why not, we are spending a lot more on 1 day and this is for 2 weeks! once in a lifetime - I can't wait until next June!!!!!!!!
    Thanks! Do you know what other travels agents deal with Kuoni? Went to barrhead Travel yesterday and going to see Thomas Cook on Saturday xx

Yeh i'm thinking all my good work loosing weight for the wedding will be undone on the honeymoon - the food looks fab, definately worth doing the select all inclusive!!
    Please let me know what its like when you get back! 8 weeks to go - you must be so excitied!
    I will do this good weathers puttingmme in the mood for a wee holiday xx

Thanks! Do you know what other travels agents deal with Kuoni? Went to barrhead Travel yesterday and going to see Thomas Cook on Saturday xx
    Have a look on this page - Not sure what area you are in but you can see all the independant travel agents on this page -

http://www.kuoni.co.uk/en/services/s...s/default.aspx

For Edinburgh its Barrhead Travel and Jimmy Martin Travel in Stockbridge.
    07-06-2012

Have a look on this page - Not sure what area you are in but you can see all the independant travel agents on this page -

http://www.kuoni.co.uk/en/services/s...s/default.aspx

For Edinburgh its Barrhead Travel and Jimmy Martin Travel in Stockbridge.
    Superb.....thank you!!

Any couples going to Kuramathi will have a truly amazing time! H2B and I went there two years ago and had a great time. The island is picture postcard perfect and the snorkelling is world class. We also went to Dubai and stayed in the Sheraton Deira. We booked directly with Kuoni. My one bit of advice would be spend the extra cash and get a seaplane transfer. An hour and a half on a speedboat is soooo not fun and I ended up being sick - not quite the glamorous start to the holiday we had planned!
    Last edited by Gayle; 27-07-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
    Any couples going to Kuramathi will have a truly amazing time! H2B and I went there two years ago and had a great time. The island is picture postcard perfect and the snorkelling is world class. We also went to Dubai and stayed in the Sheraton Deira. We booked directly with Kuoni. My one bit of advice would be spend the extra cash and get a seaplane transfer. An hour and a half on a speedboat is soooo not fun and I ended up bring sick - not quite the glamorous start to the holiday we had planned!
    Thanks for the tip! We have booked the sea plant for getting to the island and boat for the return! So glad the place we have booked keps getting good reviews! Wish i was going sooner!!
    07-06-2012

we are doing the same-seaplane out and boat back? add Kuramathi on facebook and you can see the new lounge they have exclusive to their island-looks amazing xx

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
    Any couples going to Kuramathi will have a truly amazing time! H2B and I went there two years ago and had a great time. The island is picture postcard perfect and the snorkelling is world class. We also went to Dubai and stayed in the Sheraton Deira. We booked directly with Kuoni. My one bit of advice would be spend the extra cash and get a seaplane transfer. An hour and a half on a speedboat is soooo not fun and I ended up being sick - not quite the glamorous start to the holiday we had planned!
    Hi Gayle,

Did you chosse the select all inclusive option for your meals? Just wondered if this option includes general snacks throughout the day?

Lelsey x

Did anyone watch the Channel 4 Maldives prog last night? Was a bit of an insight into the unglamorous side of the islands ie where they deposit all the crap that the honeymooners leave behind and how they get up before the crack of dawn to sweep the beaches before we lie on them all day. I think I'll be more aware of all the hard work that goes into making the place like a paradise, 5 weeks today!!
    Move over Kate Middleton, I had a sapphire first!

Hi Gayle,

Did you chosse the select all inclusive option for your meals? Just wondered if this option includes general snacks throughout the day?

Lelsey x
    Kuramathi underwent a major relaunch a couple of weeks after we were there - accommodation done up, swimming pool redesigned etc - the names of the options we had to choose from were different but the one we ended up going for allowed us snacks during the day although to be honest there was that much choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner that we hardly ever snacked during the day.