Thread: Cake toppers

Super Senior Member

Default Cake toppers

Ordering my cake today (yay!) but still to decide on a cake topper. We're always joking that i'm the boss, so thinking of going for a jokey ball & chain one! Lol. What's everyone else having - a wee bride & groom or something a bit outwith the norm?

nearlymrsT

We are having sugarpaste toppers of Wall.e and eve i was quoted in the last issue of SWD about it! My cake supplier is going to put a top hat and bow tie on wall.e and a veil on eve. It's our little 'thing', most people say the film is boring but it means a lot to us. I think it's fun to have something a bit quirky, makes a good talking point. I like the sound of a ball and chain! xx
    Last edited by nearlymrsT; 25-06-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: can't spell

i am having a quaich with tartan as my wedding theme is very scottish - heather & thistles & tartan. I thought it was appropriate as it is the traditional toasting cup in scotland, and H2B will toast me with it after the cake is cut.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scottish-Quaic...32671836329109
    this isnt my tartan but thought I would show you what I meant
    Kayren xx

Super Senior Member

Hi nearlymrsT, I had no idea what you were talking about so I had to google it - never seen the film before but after seeing the pictures I have to say I love your idea Very quirky!

Kayren555, that will definately fit in very well with your Scottish theme, very nice & also something i've not really seen before

I'll have to get my thinking cap on & decide

We're going to have one made to include our cat Charlie xx

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

I ordered beautiful ivy and thistle cake toppers from Scottish Wedding Flowers. They are artificial so i get to keep them:-) I bought one for each tier, small medium and large. They look gorg and i cant wait to see it all set up:-) Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

We are getting toppers made to look like us in hubby to bes chosen kilt and me in my dress. I will have a rangers scarf and h2b will have a Celtic scarf it's pretty much what we're known for! X
    2nd September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nearlymrsT View Post
    We are having sugarpaste toppers of Wall.e and eve i was quoted in the last issue of SWD about it! My cake supplier is going to put a top hat and bow tie on wall.e and a veil on eve. It's our little 'thing', most people say the film is boring but it means a lot to us. I think it's fun to have something a bit quirky, makes a good talking point. I like the sound of a ball and chain! xx

I love that idea!

Super Senior Member

All your ideas are great! I think I might get the shop to make a topper with my daughter as well so it's the 3 of us, another way to include her

Ive ordered ours from Gemma at Totally Toppers. Shw does the clay models and is much cheaper than all the others we looked at , also she was the most professional. In that she was the only one who ever responded to our emails. Much cheaper too !! I was given her details from someone else on the SWD.

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer's Wifey To Be View Post
    All your ideas are great! I think I might get the shop to make a topper with my daughter as well so it's the 3 of us, another way to include her
    I think that's a wonderful idea, i'm sure your daughter will love it. if you get a clay one done you can keep it as a memento.

That's who we're using x
    2nd September 2011

I can't remember where, but I saw a tutorial for making a clothes-peg bride and groom, so I might give that a whirl :-3 My mum used to make peg-people when she was wee, so maybe she can give me some pointers lol.

I am having a very traditional wedding...all pretty flowers and nice things, totally not my h2b cup of tea haha! So as a little surprise for him im going to get a cake topper made with me as a beautiful bride and him with his fave football shirt on I think he will really like that.

My other thought was the helter skelter wedding cake?? Anyone seen it??? so so so cute! Doesnt really go woth my theme but hey ho!