Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Show us your centrepieces!

We're going for these bad boys. I was originally going to use chocolate roses mixed with real flowers but i saw the feathers at a wedding fair and fell in love! We're having an art deco theme so they should fit in nicely! Now i'm left with 65 chocolate roses lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White ostrich feather centrepieces.jpg  
    Last edited by michellel; 12-04-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling, doh!!

Quote Originally Posted by michellel View Post
    That sounds quite quirky and cool- lol hope no one tries to drink the plant water!
    Hahaha! We're using silk flowers, no water required!

Hi all,

Fixed the image problem, so hopefully you'll be able to see the pics now!

Michelle@SWD

Quote Originally Posted by michellel View Post
    We're going for these bad boys. I was originally going to use chocolate roses mixed with real flowers but i saw the feathers at a wedding fair and fell in love! We're having an art deco theme so they should fit in nicely! Now i'm left with 65 chocolate roses lol
    Hi they look great, i keep changing what i want, are the ones in the picture from the company you are getting them from as they are really nice ones? Are they working out quite expesive, i am trying to cut down as the floral pieces i originally wanted are working out at 120 pound each and not wanting to spend that.

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by angus1 View Post
    Hi they look great, i keep changing what i want, are the ones in the picture from the company you are getting them from as they are really nice ones? Are they working out quite expesive, i am trying to cut down as the floral pieces i originally wanted are working out at 120 pound each and not wanting to spend that.
    make believe events do feather centrepieces - they're very reasonable so you could give them a wee email for a quote

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

I think!!! we are having large square vases filled with raspberry pink roses

Platinum Member

It is also worth trying Perfect Wedding day Hire, they're prices seem very reasonable and one of my friends knows the girls who run it, they are lovely and will travel anywhere in Scotland. They do the feather cenrepieces xx

hi thanks girls will check them out, i think i should make appointments and do the rounds, only problem being is i can see myself going and seing loads i like and end up spending even more than i wanted lol theres just so much lovely stuff out there and you want things to be pretty. xx

Senior Platinum Member

hi thanks girls will check them out, i think i should make appointments and do the rounds, only problem being is i can see myself going and seing loads i like and end up spending even more than i wanted lol theres just so much lovely stuff out there and you want things to be pretty. xx
    this is pretty much what i done. i booked my chair covers with make believe and everytime i see something new/on offer on their facebook i really want it - now have booked mood lighting and my centrepieces with them. i have saved a fortune doing it that way though especially as they do some really great deals. hope you get what you're looking for!!

xx

mmm mood lightning sounds good lol

Need to look into that one. x

Senior Platinum Member

mmm mood lightning sounds good lol

Need to look into that one. x
    haha its totally addictive all this decor stuff lol, costing me £25 per light only having 5 and only getting put on after the meal to make a nightclub kinda feel.
    i blame 4 weddings usa for the mood lighting!!!

ano lol

That sounds like a good price you got. i was discussing the wedding to my dad the other day ( hes old school lol) he doesnt really know any of the finer details as we are paying for the wedding but when i was talking about the wedding he commented, "its not a show your planning" ha if only he knew the things i am planning lol so easy to get carried away with the decor though lol x

Senior Platinum Member

ano lol

That sounds like a good price you got. i was discussing the wedding to my dad the other day ( hes old school lol) he doesnt really know any of the finer details as we are paying for the wedding but when i was talking about the wedding he commented, "its not a show your planning" ha if only he knew the things i am planning lol so easy to get carried away with the decor though lol x
    i know, i told my gran what our budget is and how much suppliers are but she doesnt realise the cost of weddings in the present day so assumed im having this "big fancy wedding" but i dont think im spending a great deal on decor as ive managed to get great deals, most of the money is going to our venue then honeymoon then rings - because h2b is a size z!!

xx

Quote Originally Posted by gigglebert View Post
    We are using cut glass cake stands for our centrepieces...

With flowers similar in colour/feel to this but in a dome shape on the cake stands:

sitting on mirror plates with tea lights scattered around underneath

Gigglebert - can I ask where you are buying your cake stands from? i am planning to have several like these on my cake table with lots of smaller cakes rather that one huge wedding one! im doing something dimilar to you on the tables though, lots of jam jars and tea cups with different flowers.

thanks x

Hi Ladies,
    If anyone is interested I have all the things required to make those tall vases with hot pink and black ostrich feathers in them. See the picture in a few posts before this one! They belonged to my sister who got married in October and she has given them to me to sell but I haven't figured out yet how to add photos lol! She needs the space as she is now having a baby and I don't want to use the same table decorations as her, obviously lol! I also have 10 large glass bowls and this pink straw like stuff ( it has a name but I don't know what it is!) which she put in the bowls with fairy lights, it all looked gorgeous! If anyone is keen to buy then PM me and I can send photos through emails! All very easy to set up DIY x

I've not read the other posts yet, so apologies if I'm repeating anything, but when choosing your centrepieces think first about your tables and colour scheme.

I'm having fishbowls with floating black centred cerise germini heads and creatively placed grass stems around the bowl as this was always my vision for the centrepieces, however, our tables are long and I'm sticking with these rather than round tables as I think it's more sociable in terms of conversation among our guests.
    A wedding planner would advise against these combinations (given advice I've had from 2) but I'm having 2 bowls on each table to even it up.
    It all depends if you go with what you want vs what you're advised is the "correct" way to do things.

Good luck!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vintage.bride View Post
    Gigglebert - can I ask where you are buying your cake stands from? i am planning to have several like these on my cake table with lots of smaller cakes rather that one huge wedding one! im doing something dimilar to you on the tables though, lots of jam jars and tea cups with different flowers.

thanks x
    I'm hiring the cake stands from The Green Cockatoo, they are based in Kirkcaldy and have been lovely to deal with (http://www.thegreencockatoo.com/page6.htm) think they are £3.50 per stand for the single tier glass ones. I contemplated buying them but didn't see any that I liked and was keen to have them slightly mismatched
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centrepieces.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	5440

Ours are provided by the hotel and are Martini Glasses filled with colour gel (your choice) then floating candles.
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by mrs breslin to be View Post
    after going from submerged orchids - candelabras - tall hydrangeas - martini glass centrepieces we have FINALLY decided on having the tall crystal goblets and instead of candles we're putting purple floralytes in them as purple is our colour. it will look like this (especially with our mood lighting):

xx
    These centre pieces are truly stunning, are you planning on hiring them or have you managed to source them to buy??

J x

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrsreid-tobe View Post
    These centre pieces are truly stunning, are you planning on hiring them or have you managed to source them to buy??

J x
    thanks, i really cant wait to see the finished effect!! hiring them from makebelieve events - £20 each on a special offer including the mirror plate, putting a purple floralyte in it instead of a candle as well as it will fit my theme

i'm having mirrored plates, vases with aqua beads and colour changing light then roses on top with a candle in the centre, and love-heart shaped rose petals and crystals on the black table runners with tea lights. Have I gone a bit mad... I think so! going to set one up this weekend I think to see the full effect, better look like it does in my head, ha!