Thread: Looking for hen venue ideas

Default Looking for hen venue ideas

Hi folks!

We're just starting to plan my hen do for may/june (get married in july) and we're already stuck!

i have quite a few different people to invite which is causing problems with location!
    I'd like to keep it fairly cheap and also have options for people to dip in and out who might not be able to do everything.
    Problem is all my aunties n cousins want to come, i have a whole gymnastics team that would come, then by the time i add in the odd old school friends, work mates, random mates, the numbers are really wracking up!

The options are having the selct few for a pampering weekend away, even a cheap weekend abroad, and then a night out with dinner for everyone.

I would love to have a burlesque dance class however, as my friend runs these, so it would be difficult to include that with the first option.

I envisage a weekend somewhere near edinburgh (where i'm based) or glasgow where people can easily get to.
    Maybe dinner and cocktails on the friday that family can come to, an activity on the saturday during the day, followed by the burlesque workshop stripper(!!) more drinks and possibly night out!
    IT would be good to stay somewhere that we could host the workshop, or somewhere with a bit of other banter going on, local pub, other stag do etc, but not so outin the sticks that no one can get there!

Not asking for much, am i?

We were even thinking loch lomond lodge or something, but i'm really looking for suggestions on venues and ideas!

thanks

maz xx

hi maz for my hen weekend we are going to loch lomond in a lodge from the fri till sun its just going to be me n bridesmaids n ma mum n a few others i cant wait and it wasnt that dear either by the time we all halfed in for the logde then 2 weeks before the wedding i have booked a hall with dj n karaoke for everyone else looking forward to that more
    xx

QUOTE (BRIDETOBE09 @ Feb 8 2009, 10:00 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=464"]
    hi maz for my hen weekend we are going to loch lomond in a lodge from the fri till sun its just going to be me n bridesmaids n ma mum n a few others i cant wait and it wasnt that dear either by the time we all halfed in for the logde then 2 weeks before the wedding i have booked a hall with dj n karaoke for everyone else looking forward to that more
    xx[/b]
    Can you let me know where and what one!?xx

hi maz this is a link to the one we are going to hope it helps you xx

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/v3/Webpages/UKC...LFEED&opt=#

I'm having a murder mystery dinner in the Apex Hotel in Edinburgh for everyone then 'the young ones' go out to a club after for my last night of freedom lol. Reserved tables of course - need to do it in style.

I wanted a hen do that my mum and mil2b could come to as well and was fun, the murder mystery is a wedding theme, organised by an events company. All the guests get a character - its a great way for everyone to get to know each other and we can get dressed up.

The Apex is right in the middle of Edinburgh, the murder mystery is 55 per person and included a 3 course meal.

D

I'm having 2 hen weekends so different friends family can opt in/ out.

I'm going to Culdees Bunkhouse (see www.culdeesbunkouse.co.uk) for a weekend with colleagues from work. All women of different ages/ like/ dislikes/ interests. Thought this would be a nice place, can go for a walk or a boat trip on loch tay during the day, we're all bringing a different dish for dinner at night ( and a bottle). I've asked them all to bring their wedding albums which should be good seeing the fashions over the years and sharing memories.

My other hen weekend is a spa day at the Apex in Dundee (where I was brought up but don't live now and am not getting married there), then going out to my favourite restaurant, pub crawl to the old haunts and ending up in Fat Sams for a cheesy boogy. girlfriiends and family can choose to come to everything or part of it ie my sister is due a baby any day now so she may only be able to come to the spa day or even the meal depending on feeding, etc!